PS3: Random Match Thread

padidaddy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why has the list of osn gamer tags disappeared? Im trying to hook up a game with someone but not havin much luck!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why has the list of osn gamer tags disappeared? Im trying to hook up a game with someone but not havin much luck!
@MattW The link in the OP for the list of PSN ID's doesn't appear to work anymore.

UberHaxerLou

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Anyone wanna game?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played a random match today..5 over match..The guy scored 50 in those 5...Was good at batting but in bowling especially spinners, no spin it was always 180rpm...Would have been even more interesting...But was a nice match overall..

Note:The camera panning is just ridiculous and I wasn't able to run till the ball reached the fielder..Was very frustrating...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played a random match today..5 over match..The guy scored 50 in those 5...Was good at batting but in bowling especially spinners, no spin it was always 180rpm...Would have been even more interesting...But was a nice match overall..

Note:The camera panning is just ridiculous and I wasn't able to run till the ball reached the fielder..Was very frustrating...

The lag after you hit the shot and the batsman starts running is a killer. You keep on jamming on Square button but nothing happens for a second or two. Leads to lot of missed runs and run outs. But some people know what to do to avoid the issue as I see some of my opponents run as soon as they hit the ball. Don't know what the trick is but would love to know.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The lag after you hit the shot and the batsman starts running is a killer. You keep on jamming on Square button but nothing happens for a second or two. Leads to lot of missed runs and run outs. But some people know what to do to avoid the issue as I see some of my opponents run as soon as they hit the ball. Don't know what the trick is but would love to know.
Yeah that totally sucks and you get one run less than what you can get...Shot to wide long on, I could score only 1...

TheBaileys2009

School Cricketer
Hey guys, new to the forum and am buying the game tomorrow for the PS3 so will be keen for some online games in the coming days.
Add me on PSN - TheBaileys2009

Do you guys have any tips or whatever?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Hey guys, new to the forum and am buying the game tomorrow for the PS3 so will be keen for some online games in the coming days.

Practice bowling in practice matches or start a career as a bowler to get better at it and use variations...It really helps in online play...And for batting you will get better overtime and career really helps ....

everythingtaken

Club Cricketer

Same here. Got this game as new year gift :). would love to play online too.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

The game has a steep learning curve and I would recommend playing offline for a week at least to get used to the game before venturing online.

TheBaileys2009

School Cricketer
Oh yep no worries I'll get to know it first then, do many people play online still? Is it easy to pick up an online game whenever?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Oh yep no worries I'll get to know it first then, do many people play online still? Is it easy to pick up an online game whenever?

It depends. Sometimes you get the games easily and other times you have to wait a while before you get an online opponent. But you gotta understand that the level of online play/players is generally good and if you are new to the game you will get thrashed a no. of times. Better to start offline mode; start with a few casual games on 'Amateur' and gradually reach up to 'Pro' and 'Veteran' level before venturing online. Online gameplay difficulty level is somewhere between 'Veteran' and 'Legend' so you will not enjoy it much unless you spend sometime offline first.

TheBaileys2009

School Cricketer
Yeah I get you, bought the game just before had a few offline games in career mode, the batting is a bit of a struggle, am doing good at bowling though.... Just one question though how to you initiate swing?

Users who are viewing this thread