Retirements Thread - Virat, Rohit and Jadeja T20Is

Personally, I don't care about the movement at all. It is simply an arena for the Blacks to show the world how downtrodden they are and have symapthizers.
So people of colour are not downtrodden currently, and shouldn’t have sympathisers?

But it is quite clear QDK did not want to support any of that, he stood around fidgeting, whinged about his own treatment and created a perception in a country which isnt even fully out the shadows of apartheid. Ultimately he made himself look a fool
Nothing wrong in QDK putting across his point. What's to say that he wasn't a victim of racism from the Blacks in his life?

Also, why believe on isolated reports of racism in SA which mostly point towards Whites as perpetrators of injustice?
So people of colour are not downtrodden currently, and shouldn’t have sympathisers?
My point with the movement precisely that it seems to be aimed only at the Blacks. As a person of color I have/face racism on a regular basis. Sometimes,it is as simple as another person not wanting to sit next to you ,on public transport, just cause you don't belong to that ethnicity.

I find, us guys, from the subcontinent face this regularly, yet we don't act like cry babies. Case in point, Darren Sammy who couldn't take a joke that his IPL mates played on him.

I also don't see the Blacks supporting the Asians who were wronged by Yorkshire. So, if they want to cry and act like fools, so be it.

Case in point, Darren Sammy who couldn't take a joke that his IPL mates played on him.
They literally called him what I can only translate as "Blackie" and told him it's a complement, just so they could keep calling him that

They literally called him what I can only translate as "Blackie" and told him it's a complement, just so they could keep calling him that
So you can't call a dark skinned person 'dark skinned'? By that logic, the countries of NZ and Australia should also be offended as a community cause everyone calls them 'Kiwis' and 'Kangaroos'.

The entire BLM, as I said before, is nothing but a sham and a point for the Blacks to cry about themselves on a global scale. Nothing else!

Also, one last point- if it was so damn important, we would have seen players taking the knee in this tournament as well. Unfortunately,it is merely a fad that got catapulted to global heights and was employed previously.

Anyhow, I've made my stance clear and won't be engaging any further on this front.

So you can't call a dark skinned person 'dark skinned'? By that logic, the countries of NZ and Australia should also be offended as a community cause everyone calls them 'Kiwis' and 'Kangaroos'.

The entire BLM, as I said before, is nothing but a sham and a point for the Blacks to cry about themselves on a global scale. Nothing else!

Also, one last point- if it was so damn important, we would have seen players taking the knee in this tournament as well. Unfortunately,it is merely a fad that got catapulted to global heights and was employed previously.

Anyhow, I've made my stance clear and won't be engaging any further on this front.
"Kaala" or "kaalu" is used as a derogatory term in Urdu/Hindi
Dark-skinned people are called that to make fun of their complexion

"Kaala" or "kaalu" is used as a derogatory term in Urdu/Hindi
Dark-skinned people are called that to make fun of their complexion
Not fun, come on! And it certainly ain't a derogatory term. Please don't side with Sammy on this. If someone is called 'Kaalu' in the subcontinent, they don't feel offended.

Not fun, come on! And it certainly ain't a derogatory term. Please don't side with Sammy on this. If someone is called 'Kaalu' in the subcontinent, they don't feel offended.
Your skin colour doesn't define you. And so it shouldn't be the first thing people think of when you're described.

That's insane, despite his verbal vitriol towards Babar, he certainly would've been in the plans for the 2024 T20 WC side.

Played in the CPL and did really well, and has some good form behind him in PSL too.
May be wants to earn more by playing in leagues?

That's insane, despite his verbal vitriol towards Babar, he certainly would've been in the plans for the 2024 T20 WC side.

Played in the CPL and did really well, and has some good form behind him in PSL too.

May be wants to earn more by playing in leagues?
The clowns in charge of the PCB are going on a revenge tour by denying NOCs to everyone. Imad and Ifti were denied NOCs for the T10 league (that’s 50k USD for a week of T10 matches), while Zaman Khan, Usama Mir and Haris Rauf were denied NOCs for the BBL. And these are just the known cases.
While this is disgraceful, if i was Imad, i would have just played the National T20 Cup, PSL and booked my place for the World Cup. He could have just retired and played leagues after that. But i guess he didn’t want to be blackmailed, and unlike the others, he can afford to retire because he’s 34 and in demand in every league, basically.

If he did have a strong case for selection then he would have been better served doing one last ride with the PCB and then picking his leagues in the wake of a WC.

I also assume he has the opportunity to go British like Amir if he already isn’t.

If he did have a strong case for selection then he would have been better served doing one last ride with the PCB and then picking his leagues in the wake of a WC.

I also assume he has the opportunity to go British like Amir if he already isn’t.
Okay, extra twist : after the elections in early February, PMLN is likely to win (thanks to army’s support) and appoint Najam Sethi as chairman again. So Imad might reverse his retirement just after the PSL. He will only miss 5 T20Is before now and then, if i remember correctly

Users who are viewing this thread