RIP World Cup Super League 2020-23 (World Cup Qualifier Jun 16 - Jul 9)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guptill seems cooked. Allen might be raw but he needs to be properly backed and trained to be the new ODI opener. If it were up to me I’d see if Nicholls can handle opening in 2022 and bin Guptill off for good. Given the latter’s status as an ODI legend in those parts though, I doubt that happening.
Post automatically merged:

Decent start from Ireland
View attachment 268053

Too little runs on board to defend unfortunately. NZ also have Henry down at nine which is some serious batting depth.

Bevab

Staff Member
Bracewell yet again with some vital runs. I don’t see a way in for Neesham going forward which is a shame as I do think he’s a quality player. Still think Bracewell the spinner will get ripped to shreds against competent opposition but if he can bat as well as this he’s worth having as the finisher especially if he can prove it against more quality opposition who will have better death bowlers.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
South Africa forfeiting a bunch of points does make for some very interesting World Cup permutations

There are seven teams who look absolutely sure of their places now:
:afg: Afghanistan
:aus: Australia
:ban: Bangladesh
:eng: England
:ind: India
:nzf: New Zealand
:pak: Pakistan

Then the eighth spot will go to one of Sri Lanka, West Indies, maybe Sri Lanka or even Ireland. Ireland could have been right up there in contention if they'd not choked away a bunch of wins though.

After that, it'll be two more from the WCQ. A full-strength Oman, UAE or even USA could really throw in an upset or two. At least one big side could end up missing out

Bevab

Staff Member
Ireland will really be kicking themselves for not securing more points versus the Dutch and the Black Caps. Between McBrine, Simi Singh and Dockrell’s golden arm they’ve got some spinners for a subcontinental tournament too. If Stirling recovers form they really could have been an interesting team to watch for. The increased attention from a World Cup could have also boosted their game back home.

Bevab

Staff Member
If they can navigate the remaining overs from Lockie and Satnav without losing wickets, I reckon Ireland might have a very good chance here.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ireland playing Bazball.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Ireland REALLY deserve to get a lot more games against top teams in the international arena.

But sadly, because of franchise cricket there ain't much of an international arena to begin with.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
If they can navigate the remaining overs from Lockie and Satnav without losing wickets, I reckon Ireland might have a very good chance here.
Perfectly set up for another famous Irish win. Tector has really given them a much needed strength in the batting. No longer look like they are completely reliant on Sterling and Balbirnie.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Tucker gone! Just hope the Irish don't bottle this one. They've played some excellent cricket over the last month or so and would be sad to see them go without a win here...

Users who are viewing this thread