RIP World Cup Super League 2020-23 (World Cup Qualifier Jun 16 - Jul 9)

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Holder and Chase combining to rescue West Indies after years of mediocre performances.
I didn't think Holder was in too bad form the last few years, not in ODI anyway? Unless you mean batting only, in which case he shouldn't be batting top 6 but I would think he's still handy.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Interesting 1st day in Zimbabwe. Nepal and USA showing hat they mean business. USA ran the WI pretty close. Close encounters like these and the WI would probably not make it out of Round 1.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I didn't think Holder was in too bad form the last few years, not in ODI anyway? Unless you mean batting only, in which case he shouldn't be batting top 6 but I would think he's still handy.

He’s been averaging 41 since 2017 (with only one year where he got it below 30) on par with the likes of Gabriel and Roach. That’s absolutely mediocre territory.

Holder as a whole in white ball cricket is a myth, the only reason he escapes criticism and attention is because his team is up to no good regardless of him and his test performances gloss over the white ball ones.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Wow, had to confirm it for myself. I guess he's more of a bits and pieces player rather than a genuine allrounder.

Users who are viewing this thread