Running Speed?

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Anyway to change running speed for certain players? Chris Gayle moving waaaaayyy too fast, haha

D

Dutch

Anyway to change running speed for certain players? Chris Gayle moving waaaaayyy too fast, haha
Ha ha the slider doenst go further than zero! :p

I think you can change the speeds of players in the skill attributes......I think there is a specific one for running.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Ha ha the slider doenst go further than zero! :p

I think you can change the speeds of players in the skill attributes......I think there is a specific one for running.

Checking while I write this. They seemed to have removed it :( Same with judgment and such. Perhaps in place of the perks... but running speed... Seems weird we can't change that. Maybe I've gone crazy or they've put it somewhere else.

D

Dutch

Checking while I write this. They seemed to have removed it :( Same with judgment and such. Perhaps in place of the perks... but running speed... Seems weird we can't change that. Maybe I've gone crazy or they've put it somewhere else.
Mmm I will need to have a look!

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
They have removed a whole host of Attributes , like Stamina etc.

they should bring those back... weirdest omission, in AC you could really make guys quite unique with the old sliders, now the settings have all been dumbed down in create player. Chris Gayle barely moving was perfect because you wouldn't want to run with him a lot even on decent 1 run hits. Now it's a little easy.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Him running itself is a bug, should be sorted out in the next patch by disabling his running ability.. :p

Gayle running is so big issue that we have this discussion under academy creations.. :D

Mr Snrub

International Coach
It's pretty poor not being able to set running speeds for players. Things like judgement and stamina are somewhat useful for creating players well, but running speed is fairly central to the characteristics of certain players.

Although I suppose it's surpassed in the ludicrous situation of bowlers dreading getting an edge (inside or out) in case it goes off like a smashed 4 to the boundary.

This game has so many good elements, but some of the bad ones definitely feel past what should appear in a 4th iteration.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It's pretty poor not being able to set running speeds for players. Things like judgement and stamina are somewhat useful for creating players well, but running speed is fairly central to the characteristics of certain players.

Although I suppose it's surpassed in the ludicrous situation of bowlers dreading getting an edge (inside or out) in case it goes off like a smashed 4 to the boundary.

This game has so many good elements, but some of the bad ones definitely feel past what should appear in a 4th iteration.
thats so true it needs to be added back in

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I don't know why it's not there; whether it's hidden, removed or just set at a base level for every player. But I have never found it to be of any use in previous games. I spent ages on Ashes tweaking skills. The solution for physical ones, because they seemingly make so little difference, was to just set them all the same. So, if that's what's been done for this game, it would make perfect sense to me.

Perks allow physical abilities to go up or down. And other than in extreme instances, like Gayle, does it really make much difference in a cricket game? I could see how it would in football or rugby, where the pace of two players might be in direct competition. But I'm not looking to see which playing is in a fielding position to risk a single to them or try a two. Even if pace or speed was there I wouldn't. Others might, but I doubt it'd add more to the game.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I don't know why it's not there; whether it's hidden, removed or just set at a base level for every player. But I have never found it to be of any use in previous games. I spent ages on Ashes tweaking skills. The solution for physical ones, because they seemingly make so little difference, was to just set them all the same. So, if that's what's been done for this game, it would make perfect sense to me.

Perks allow physical abilities to go up or down. And other than in extreme instances, like Gayle, does it really make much difference in a cricket game? I could see how it would in football or rugby, where the pace of two players might be in direct competition. But I'm not looking to see which playing is in a fielding position to risk a single to them or try a two. Even if pace or speed was there I wouldn't. Others might, but I doubt it'd add more to the game.

Read this as I watched Gayle get Run Out. Not kidding hahaha.

I think Stamina, Running Speed, Strength, Judgment were all very important to making unique players. Things you might not notice over one hit do add up over time and add to a team's overall and their results. Judgment one was important because we could make "veterans" with a high judgment rating but maybe lower skills as they're just not as strong anymore or whatever and making the older guys slower makes sense too. While a younger team could make up a lot runs in the middle.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Read this as I watched Gayle get Run Out. Not kidding hahaha.

I think Stamina, Running Speed, Strength, Judgment were all very important to making unique players. Things you might not notice over one hit do add up over time and add to a team's overall and their results. Judgment one was important because we could make "veterans" with a high judgment rating but maybe lower skills as they're just not as strong anymore or whatever and making the older guys slower makes sense too. While a younger team could make up a lot runs in the middle.
I never saw judgment make any difference to a player on Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread