Say Hello to the No.1 Test team in the World

Which team deserves to be the No.1 Test team in the world?

• Australia

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • India

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • South Africa

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
India has now become the No.1 Test team in the World. All the talk about India being a T20 devil can now R.I.P. :sarcasm

Say Hello to the No.1 Test team in the World :cool:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
India has now become the No.1 Test team in the World. All the talk about India being a T20 devil can now R.I.P. :sarcasm

Say Hello to the No.1 Test team in the World :cool:

Doesn't matter really. Won't be long before we lose it. It keeps changing. Too close atm.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Here's a little picture of the captain of the real #1 Test side in the world, to allow you to imagine saying hello to him personally....

Andrew-Strauss-001.jpg

Highlander999

ICC President
This is pretty stupid as the last really decent team that India played in Tests was back when South Africa toured India. If they had the fixtures which England have (i.e. the Ashes, then followed by a tour in South Africa) I really doubt India would be number one. No doubt they have played well, but it has been an easy year for them so far. N.B. this isn't India's fault, they've played well, just not against quality opposition. I say India will only truly be number 1 when they beat Australia and South Africa in Australia and South Africa.

Gurjot95

National Board President
This is pretty stupid as the last really decent team that India played in Tests was back when South Africa toured India. If they had the fixtures which England have (i.e. the Ashes, then followed by a tour in South Africa) I really doubt India would be number one. No doubt they have played well, but it has been an easy year for them so far. N.B. this isn't India's fault, they've played well, just not against quality opposition. I say India will only truly be number 1 when they beat Australia and South Africa in Australia and South Africa.
Never knew 2nd Best Team (Sri Lanka) in Tests is considered as decent :sarcasm

Sri Lanka is on 2nd position and Australia is on 4th and by looking at the performance of both team in recent matches, Sri Lanka is far better team than Australia. Aus Vs Ind last test series was in 2008 and we win that test series and we were at same Test position as we are in now.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Never knew 2nd Best Team (Sri Lanka) in Tests is considered as decent :sarcasm

Sri Lanka is on 2nd position and Australia is on 4th and by looking at the performance of both team in recent matches, Sri Lanka is far better team than Australia. Aus Vs Ind last test series was in 2008 and we win that test series and we were at same Test position as we are in now.

No way SL is better than Australia. To get to their current position Sri Lanka have spent the year playing the West Indies, New Zealand, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Meanwhile, Australia has played India away, South Africa away, South Africa at home and England away. All of which are difficult challenges.

And they've looked like winning almost every game at some point.

Gurjot95

National Board President
No way SL is better than Australia. To get to their current position Sri Lanka have spent the year playing the West Indies, New Zealand, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Meanwhile, Australia has played India away, South Africa away, South Africa at home and England away. All of which are difficult challenges.
and if Australia were good enough they should have beated all in Tests.

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
and if Australia were good enough they should have beated all in Tests.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't good enough. This isn't about Australia and number 1. It's the fact that India have been playing easier opposition on pitches which suit their team. Once again, India have done well with their chance, but it hasn't exactly been a challenge. Like I said, play Aus and SA away and beat them and I'll happily say they are the number 1 team. TBH, I think India would struggle to beat England in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread