Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To strengthen my batting further, I'm gonna add another vintage Aussie bat to the mix, but nearly 30 years apart from the former. This man is better known for his voice in the commentary box than anything though..

1710867799939.png

William Morris "Bill" Lawry made his Australian debut in 1961 and went on to play for exactly a decade, meaning he could taste ODI cricket too at it's very birth- with a solitary ODI game to his name. In his test career though, he averaged 47.15 with 5234 runs to his name in 123 innings- as opener for Australia in that decade that was the 1960s. He also has 13 hundreds, 27 fifties and a high score of 210. And the man is still very much alive in real life, rocking the commentary box at the age of 87. Welcome Arthur Morris, your partner to open the innings.

1. :aus: :bat: Arthur Morris
2. :aus: :bat: Bill Lawry
5. :aus: :bat: Allan Border :c:
7. :saf: :wk: Quinton de Kock
8. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
9. :sri: :bwl: Chaminda Vaas
10. :sri: :bwl: Rangana Herath

@Paranoid Kendroid

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
TELEMMGLPICT000180412127_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9ZgHWGWfvdgN-PUV7CBULcMRoe_y3J6QXlaIdPP2zuo.jpeg

:eng: :bwl: Charles Marriott
From Wisden Obituary - "Marriott, Charles Stowell, who died on October 13, aged 71, was one of the best legbreak and googly bowlers of his era. He learned his cricket in Ireland, where he was educated at St. Columba's, and gained a Blue at Cambridge in 1920 and 1921, meeting with remarkable success in the University matches.

In all first-class cricket he took 724 wickets at an average cost of 20.04 runs and his bowling skill so far exceeded his ability as a batsman that his victims exceeded his aggregate of runs by 169. Cunning flighting, allied to the ability to turn the ball sharply, made him a menace to batsmen even on good pitches and when the turf gave him help, he could be well-nigh unplayable. His action was high with a free, loose arm which he swung behind his back before delivery in a manner reminiscent of Colin Blythe. From 1919 to 1921 he appeared for Lancashire and when beginning a long association with Dulwich College as master-in-charge of cricket, he threw in his lot with Kent, whom he assisted during the school holidays from 1924 to 1937.

In his first season with the Southern county he distinguished himself by taking 5 for 31 and 6 for 48 in the game with Lancashire at Dover and against Hampshire at Canterbury he returned figures of 5 for 66 and 5for 44, and he achieved many other notable performances in later years.

He met with great success on the occasion of his one appearance in a Test match for England. That was at The Oval in 1933, when he so bewildered the batsmen that he took 5 for 37 runs in the first innings and, with second innings figures of 6 for 59, hurried the West Indies to defeat by an innings and 17 runs--a feat described by Wisden of the time as one of the best accomplished by a bowler when playing for England for the first time.

Father Marriott, as he was popularly known, engaged in two tours abroad. In 1924-25 he was a member of Lord--then the Hon. Lionel--Tennyson's side in South Africa and in 1933-34 he went with Douglas Jardine's MCC team to India, where, against Madras, he did the hat-trick for the only time in his first-class career. During the Second World War he served as an anti-aircraft gunner in the Home Guard."

1710875537820.png

No Career Runs XI:
:aus: :bat: Ken Meuleman
03. :saf: :bat: Gerald Bond
04. :afg: :bat: Shahidullah
05. :ind: :ar: Bal Dani
08. :ind: :wk: Vijay Rajindernath
10. :eng: :bwl: Arthur Mold
11. :eng: :bwl: Charles Marriott

@Till Valhalla is next

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Jacques Kallis is still available, so let's add him to the list of my all-rounders

CerealKiller's XI
:aus: Don Bradman :bat:
:saf: Jacques Kallis :ar:
:wi: Clyde Walcott :wkb:
:saf: Aubrey Faulkner :ar:
:pak: Imran Khan :ar: :c:
:saf: Shaun Pollock :ar:
:ind: Kapil Dev :ar:

@Verified Enigma

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
:eng: :bat: Sir Len Hutton

1710988351297.png

Joining Hammond is his other English contemporary Sir Leonard Hutton who is another all time greats for England. Surprisingly, Hutton broke Hammond's record of highest runs in an innings by a batsman when he scored that 364 vs Australia, only a few years after Hammond broke Bradman's.

Barakadi 11:
  1. :eng: :bat: Sir Len Hutton

2. :ind: :bat: Rahul Dravid
  3. :eng: :ar: Wally Hammond
  4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers

5. :nzf: :ar: Sir Richard Hadlee
  6. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin

7. :eng: :bwl: Sydney Barnes
@ahmedleo414 to continue

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
AUTO THIS MA- i kid, please don't

1711023037977.png
:eng: :wkb: Craig Kieswetter

I was originally planning on taking another bowler here, but I want a bowling all-rounder at 8 and I'm still not sure if I want that to be a pace bowler or a spinner, so instead I've solidified my wicketkeeper (as I just nominated my backup here for my own draft). Kieswetter was very clearly the next in line for the English gloves when an eye injury ended his career. Also worth noting, he's the batsman from that Jordan Silk catch.

1. :aus: :bat: Michael di Venuto
4. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate
6. :aus: :ar: David Hussey
7. :eng: :wkb: Craig Kieswetter
9. :nzf: :bwl: Adam Milne
11. :oma: :bwl: Bilal Khan

(no succession tag because Ahmed is yet to pick, Ahmed, please tag the person after me when you're done)

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Please don't stop on my behalf, I highly doubt anyone will be picking any of the players on my list

In any case, my next pick C.K. Nayudu

1711025811809.png

My team so far:

:eng: :ar: Johnny Douglas
:zim: :wkb: Dave Houghton
:eng: :bat: Frank Mann
:saf: :bat: Alan Melville
:eng: :ar: Freddie Calthorpe
:eng: :bwl: James Lillywhite
:ind: :ar: C.K. Nayudu

I'll fix up my order hopefully by my next pick

@Yash. you're next

Supreme General

County Cricketer
These next two players speak for themselves by weight of performances but missed out on international call ups for very different reasons. One was due to being behind the great Indian spin quartet and the other was down to a rash decision to join a rebel tour of South Africa.

Rajinder Goel and Franklyn Stephenson join my squad.

Back to @Bevab

Users who are viewing this thread