Selection Status Shenanigans?

IzzyCricketing

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone noticed some funny business goig on from time to time with the selection status in career mode?

Last night, my (new 21yr old batting all-rounder) had the selection status of Getting Attention for T20s, ODIs and Tests. In my next Shield game, I got 20-odd in the first innings, snared 3/28 as South Australia racked up over 500, but hit a match saving 157 to bat out the final day in the 2nd innings.

So I took my 2,600odd career points from the match and eagerly went to check my selection status, and I'd regressed from Getting Attention for Tests to fairly close!

How come my selection status went BACKWARDS in a format where I just top-scored for the match, hit the highest score of my career, got my best bowling figures of my career, AND was named man of the match?!

It makes zero sense to me.... perhaps the performances of other individuals in the same position as you have an impact or something?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But you get +2 for spelling Shenanigans correctly...

IzzyCricketing

Club Captain
how come it is regreseed, fairly close is better than getting attention right, it means your are fairly close to getting selected.

is it?!

I wouldve thought that getting attention is closer than fairly close simply because a lot of people may be fairly close but not actually getting attention..

My assumption was that it would go fairly close -> getting attention -> expecting selection -> whatever status is actually GETTING selected...

When i started my first career mode as a 16 yr old, i went no chance -> long way off -> fairly close (if i rememer correctly).. ive never actually seen this getting attention thing before. Does it list the statuses anywhere?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Cool, you're wrong. It's over now...

EDIT:

I'll take the opportunity before this thread meets the Jurassic archives to drop a belated "that's what she said" to @Rowdoss' post... (Hashtag, he's the new @ethybubs)

Last edited:

chopperrus

School Cricketer
Has anyone noticed some funny business goig on from time to time with the selection status in career mode?

Last night, my (new 21yr old batting all-rounder) had the selection status of Getting Attention for T20s, ODIs and Tests. In my next Shield game, I got 20-odd in the first innings, snared 3/28 as South Australia racked up over 500, but hit a match saving 157 to bat out the final day in the 2nd innings.

So I took my 2,600odd career points from the match and eagerly went to check my selection status, and I'd regressed from Getting Attention for Tests to fairly close!

How come my selection status went BACKWARDS in a format where I just top-scored for the match, hit the highest score of my career, got my best bowling figures of my career, AND was named man of the match?!

It makes zero sense to me.... perhaps the performances of other individuals in the same position as you have an impact or something?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

do you actually get to play for those teams or does it just say that you have been picked?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
do you actually get to play for those teams or does it just say that you have been picked?

You don't play for them sadly, however you can as soon as you send your bank account details to me, @Biggs and @MattW and after 24 hours you will be bankrupt you can play for any side;)

P.S Please don't listen to what I just said...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Folks, does anyone know the order of selection status from low to high? So far I've seen the following and have rated them from high to low in terms of probability of getting selected...

Expecting Selection
Very Close
Getting Attention
Fair Way Off
Long Way Off
No Chance

If anyone has more info on it or know the correct order, pls feel free to update the selection status and order.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Folks, does anyone know the order of selection status from low to high? So far I've seen the following and have rated them from high to low in terms of probability of getting selected...

Expecting Selection
Very Close
Getting Attention
Fair Way Off
Long Way Off
No Chance

If anyone has more info on it or know the correct order, pls feel free to update the selection status and order.

Pretty sure that's it. Once you're settled in the team you're regular member, then core member, then star member which I think it still says even if you're made captain

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada

Expecting Selection
Very Close
Getting Attention
Fair Way Off
Long Way Off
No Chance

The progressions in selection status goes:

1. No chance
2. Long way off
3. Fair way off
4. Getting attention
5. Very close
6. Good chance
7. Expecting selection
8. Regular member
9. Core member
10. Star member

Users who are viewing this thread