Should I go to Headingley tomorrow? (I did and what entertainment it was)

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys I have tickets for day 3 but given the match could be over in 5 balls and almost certainly before lunch, is it worth going? Especially because after the 1.5 hour drive with ?20 petrol there is ?10 parking etc. What you think?

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Go enjoy the Ashes feeling.

scion_sid added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

I once went for just 2 hours of Test match cricket when Pakistan came here in India. Ofcourse Sehwag made our day by smacking some balls.

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
but its so depressing and even if prior makes a hundred and they bat till lunch they will still lose

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Well after a tricky decision me and my dad have decided to go - let's hope its a good call and England pull off the best comeback ever! Here's Hoping anyway. Of we didn't go they were bound to do something special so we mightas well go early and absorb the atmosphere etc. Wish me luck!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Guys I have tickets for day 3 but given the match could be over in 5 balls and almost certainly before lunch, is it worth going? Especially because after the 1.5 hour drive with ?20 petrol there is ?10 parking etc. What you think?

I don't think so - you'll be spending an extra ?30 and for what? Are you entitled to any money back if play finishes before lunch, because you should be!

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
only due to rain if there is less than 30 overs do you get a refund
however providing it finishes tomorrow then the day 4 people will get a full refund because there is no play at all. Day 5 tickets for there game are all NO REFUND whatever happens.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Meh, you've already paid for the tickets. Might as well go. Get the others fans to join in with a few chants to rile up the ECB. 'He's Big. He's Bad. He's playing cause of his Dad! STUART BROAD'. Etc. Boo Punter everytime he touches the ball. Have a fun time.

Sureshot

Executive member
however providing it finishes tomorrow then the day 4 people will get a full refund because there is no play at all. Day 5 tickets for there game are all NO REFUND whatever happens.

It's why day five tickets are cheap.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Oh, what the hell - it's only money, eh? Go along if you've got the tickets and there's no refund for day five, and sample the atmosphere.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Go, you might just see history in the making. Although I somewhat doubt it.

OffCutters

International Coach
Go, see how cricket is meant to be played. See the English Tail go for ducks.

D

Dutch

Good on yer for going. I would have done the same. Enjoy yourself. You don't get many opportunities to see test cricket so what the hell....

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well at least you don't have to worry about flights and accommodation.. I had tickets for the 4th & 5th days..... I had been looking forward to this for 4 years......I've managed to cancel my hotel this morning luckily got refund....will also get refund on Day 4 tickets. ........But I've lost my money on my flights over from ireland and for Day 5 tickets which amounts to 140quid in total!!! :crying

Users who are viewing this thread