• No, leave the rule

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think that they should either fix it up so they choose after the toss or they scrap it. It's doing no good at all by leaving the losing side to struggle even more with the disadvantage of the supersub and probably the same with powerplays too. Hardly any teams have use it after the 20 over period.
What are your views on this?

Hasn't done anything to make the game more exciting. The supersub rule means a team with pathetic all rounders don't have to worry anymore. Scrap that rule as cricket should be a 11 man game. Your team should have the balance to win games without having to sub on an extra bowler or batter.

The powerplays are just like the old 15 over restrictions but instead its 20 overs. I reckon they should have 1 powerplay inside the 20 overs and then the next one after the 30 over mark as was mentioned on the vb series game yesterday.

Get rid of the supersub, if it's absolutely necessary to keep powerplays let the batting team choose at least one. I'd prefer they just scrapped both

The supersub just adds more complication. It's pretty useless and even if decided after the toss you would need a larger squad and one player missing out standing pointlessly in the dressing room where he could possibly be playing domestic cricket.
I disagree with the way the powerplays are being used. It could work like this:
The mandatory 10 over period stays as two fielders on the boundary. The remaining 2 powerplay periods of 5 overs should be used by both sides. This for example means the batting captain chooses when he wants it put in place, and the fielding captain also chooses one of the five over periods. The toss determines who has first choice. One captain wins the toss, he obviously chooses whether to bat or bowl. He then chooses who has first use of the 5 over powerplay rule. For instance he chooses to bat first, and says I'll take first powerplay decision, he then has to put it in place before the thirty over mark. If he doesn't the fielding side will get possession of both 5 over powerplays. If this was actually put in place which I highly doubt and results in all of them being used in the first 20 overs again, then the ICC should first remove the any powerplay rule and go shoot themselves.

I only wrote this because all captains use it in the 20 over period and is boring, so if both sides have an equal choice they might choose differently. A scenario where it works alright: If the side batting starts by losing a few early wickets, then they might wait until the 23rd over for example to give themselves some time to re-group, see the ball and take advantage with their eye in later. Etc, etc, etc. Sorry for the long post.

*Didn't see the post above mine basically suggests a similar idea, it took me a while to think of and write this one and it must have been posted during that time*

Last edited:
I'd get rid of both of them. Neither has added to the game. But, if they are going to keep the extra 10 over fielding restrictions then at least get rid of the name "Powerplay". Is their any real need to Americanise the game. It's almost as bad as having players wearing microphones during a game.

Lol who cares about the name. Entertainment is all I ask for and these powerplay/supersub don't do anything for it. These rules were meant to liven up the middle overs but they have been exactly the same. We may as well just go back to the old rules.

i dont see any drastic change in the way ODI's are played using these stupid rules. besides, team winning the toss has an undue advantage :rolleyes:

I really want the ICC to play around with these new rules more. Like the most common idea of choosing the supersub after the toss or 1 powerplay must be used every 10 overs. Something like that but its just not working at all. Yesterday it was like a 12 on 11 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread