Show us your desktop

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I wonder why you have kept 3 browsers there!

There's five actually - I test all the changes I make to this site across all of them, plus three more when I was designing the mobile site (not pinned).

I just use Firefox day to day - despite Mozilla's best attempts to keep changing things that aren't broken and annoy me into switching.

There are so many reasons why anyone would choose to use more than 1 browser.

I regularly use these 3, and sometimes an array of others while testing.
When I'm working, I usually have close to 15 tabs open in chrome, which slows it down considerably, and unfortunately I can't close any of the them. I tend to switch browsers at this point of time.
Order of preference: Chrome>Firefox>IE9>Safari

There are instances where I need to sign in as different users on the same domain at the same time, this is where multiple browsers come in handy.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow, I never really thought so much for Internet browsers. Yes it makes sense to use as many browsers for testing purposes, but certainly not for people like me who use it for simple daily purposes.

I just use Chrome. And IE for online transactions.
And this may sound strange but I never really liked Firefox despite the fact that almost all the people I know love Firefox.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
My Win 8 desktop.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    224.5 KB · Views: 154

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Here's my Windows 8 start screen & Desktop Screen.

attachment.php

I have live tiles for 'People' and 'Photos', but I turned it off for this screenshot because it was showing all my personal photos and my Facebook friend photos which I didn't want the screenshot to capture. Somehow, I don't enjoy have a scrollable start screen and so I keep the no. of tiles on the start screen to as low as it can avoid scrolling.

attachment.php

My Win 8 desktop.

attachment.php

Dude, what app do you use to get this music player on the Desktop mode?

Attachments

• SaiSrini-win8-Start-Screen.png
    SaiSrini-win8-Start-Screen.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 166
  • SaiSrini-win8-Desktop-Screen.png
    SaiSrini-win8-Desktop-Screen.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Dude, what app do you use to get this music player on the Desktop mode?

Nothing,its just the default Win 8 music app.Find it in start menu.
I think you already know that you can keep all the apps minimized to side of the window.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Open the default music app, move the cursor to the top of the screen and drag the music player to the left or right (I prefer keeping it at right).

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Well, I guess apart from the start screen, things are quite similar to Windows 7, so I can't see where your point comes from.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It looks lame compared to Windows 7 which looked a bit elegant.

I beg to disagree. Windows 8 looks more elegant and attractive than Windows 7, with its start screen and its tiles feature. Windows 7 was all about the Desktop, which Windows 8 has too. But W8 has the Metro UI which trumps W7 way easily.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah Windows 8 is much elegant than Win 7.Actually you can't say that win 7 was better because there is not much difference between these two except that Starting screen.

Users who are viewing this thread