Sickening

Status
Not open for further replies.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have never seen such a unfortunate sporting accident/injury in my life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear.

What actually happened? It looked like his throat was slit.

Yeah, the skate slit his throat. How gross is that. The blood flew out so quickly. Muse have slit a main artery.

Seen it before, that isn't the full version. The full version goes on for about 2 minutes. The guy lived though

Malarchuk's life was saved by Jim Pizzutelli, ATC, the team's athletic trainer and a former army medic who had served in Vietnam. He reached into Malarchuk's neck and pinched off the bleeding, not letting go until doctors arrived to begin suturing the wound. Still, Malarchuk came within minutes of becoming only the second fatality to result from an on-ice injury in NHL history (the first was Bill Masterton). It was estimated that if the skate hit 1/8 inch higher on Malarchuk's jugular, he would have been dead within 2 minutes. In the dressing room and on his way to the hospital, doctors spent 90 minutes and used over 300 stitches to close the wound.It was also said that had the incident occurred at the other end of the ice (Malarchuk was on the locker room end of the ice, as the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium had the locker room exits at the end of the ice instead of the normal locations behind the benches), Malarchuk never would have made it and would have died.

I think a video with this more blood and gore isn't really suitable for all forum members. Plus the video is taken from a sports channel so it does break the copyright infringement laws so I think its best the video is removed and the thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread