Signings!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Hassan, I was having a lot of problems with ODI but now find them the easier of the two as a result is guaranteed. I find the key is to play the most inform and aggressive batsman in my squad, not even necessarily the best. I try to have one or two all rounders so we bat far down, and open the batting with two aggressive not neccessarily your best batsman. I set them to 3 aggression bars from the end and leave them and any wickets to fall worth of batsman until 2 or 3 wickets down on aggressive too. If I lose quick wickets I leave the batsman on normal until 15 overs to go and change to the same level as earlier.

With 10 overs to go with wickets in hand every batsman goes on V.aggressive one bar not filled as I find full v.aggressive they don't actually hit the ball :P

It helps to have one or two batsman vaguely in and at the crease for a while come the slog time as they find it easiest to really start laying into the bowling attack. Try to keep your run rate at least around 4.5 or over before the final 10 overs and you should be able to get close to or beyond 250 in most matches.

Obviously flexibilitly helps a bit too so if two batsman are in fully but the runs are drying a little, up to v.aggressive to push along with two batsman who are seeing the ball well. And if you have key wickets in hand, you can always try to push the run rate up.

Hope some of that rambling helps :P

Last edited:

langerrox

International Coach
puddleduck said:
Hi Hassan, I was having a lot of problems with ODI but now find them the easier of the two as a result is guaranteed. I find the key is to play the most inform and aggressive batsman in my squad, not even necessarily the best. I try to have one or two all rounders so we bat far down, and open the batting with two aggressive not neccessarily your best batsman. I set them to 3 aggression bars from the end and leave them and any wickets to fall worth of batsman until 2 or 3 wickets down on aggressive too. If I lose quick wickets I leave the batsman on normal until 15 overs to go and change to the same level as earlier.

With 10 overs to go with wickets in hand every batsman goes on V.aggressive one bar not filled as I find full v.aggressive they don't actually hit the ball :P

It helps to have one or two batsman vaguely in and at the crease for a while come the slog time as they find it easiest to really start laying into the bowling attack. Try to keep your run rate at least around 4.5 or over before the final 10 overs and you should be able to get close to or beyond 250 in most matches.

Obviously flexibilitly helps a bit too so if two batsman are in fully but the runs are drying a little, up to v.aggressive to push along with two batsman who are seeing the ball well. And if you have key wickets in hand, you can always try to push the run rate up.

Hope some of that rambling helps :P
thats for that v.aggresive tip it helped me lots!:D pieterson and katich made 120 runs of the last 12 overs:D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
120 off 12 nice one mate :D Can't imagine anyone chased that down :D

Will p

International Cricketer
Just finished a season with Kent, Van Jaarsveld top run scorer for the league with 1754, Saggers getting 59 wickets. But at the end, Van Jaarsveld and Hall went to play for SA?! I retained Kemp thinking he was kolpak,but then it turns out he is an overseas, so i could only buy one overseas and so i got Shane Bond,but then there weren't any kolpak players in the transfer market :( Any ideas on any of this

The_Iceman

School Cricketer
u cant get any knew kolpak stars (unless the old ones regenerate?) at the end of the season apart from the original ones already there

Will p

International Cricketer
Oh, little bit annoying, but oh well

Just to let you know, Look at getting Darren Stevens as an all-rounder, he's a great batsmen (especially one day) and an econimacal bowler who picks up loads of middle overs wickets.

And Martin Saggers so far this season in 3 games (first class) he's taken 20 at 12.97

langerrox

International Coach
starting my 2nd season with hants got katich and ervine going to drop ervine for langer or even mcgrath or lee, BTW 1000TH POST WOOWOOOHOHO!!

aldersley

Club Cricketer
Have you ever signed a player and then hes been away for a whole season?
It happened to me with some west indian play. he played one game and got motm and then was away the whole year.

I signed Langer a couple of seasons ago and was mad. got 1500+ runs average of 50.

dannybecks

Club Cricketer
langerrox said:
starting my 2nd season with hants got katich and ervine going to drop ervine for langer or even mcgrath or lee, BTW 1000TH POST WOOWOOOHOHO!!

why drop ervine? hes ace and hes kolpak! you can keep him!

Users who are viewing this thread