So glad that I've returned to this...

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
..game. I have persevered with this game...and are now reaping the rewards.

Hours in the nets playing the "recognised" shots to the line and length of the balls being hoyed down the track to me.....then just having a cazy batting blitz..trying all kinds of batting strokes to deliveries..crazy shots like advance leg glance to bouncers!!! finding the definitive length to play cover or square drive..

Playing different shots very early/early/"well timed"/a little late/late/very late and "when is the last bus home!!

Watching the various tupes of bowlers FRONT FOOT and deciding when to play the enigmatic "advance" shot in relation to the bowlers front foot and not time of ball release.

And looking at the fielding settings..the obvious ones where you can spot the lads on the boundary and the subtle ones where the AI might put in an extra cover or double up square on the offside boundary.

And then batting an innings...safe in the knowledge that you can maintain the runrate.....only wrong shot selection/poor running between the wickets will ensure a defeat......and without taking risks....I know how to get 6 runs an over in matches where you require a run a ball.

Playing in "medium" difficulty...and happy to continue.;)

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah m8,

There is great depth to this game.
As you say, More a matter of learning the tricks of the "game" than the tricks of "cricket".

After a while, you just "know" what shot will get
you caught or bowled. Well some of the time anyway :cool:

Cricket 2004.....a classic forever :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread