Stroke Editor Tutorial

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Below follows brief explanations of what each value is referring to.

E.g.
StrokeAttributes

Type Moderate
EdgeModifier 50
EdgeModifier6 12
Difficulty 19548 Reward 23729
Difficulty6 45824 Reward6 52928
EdgeProb 5008 EdgeProb6 4160
BowlerTypes 15
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 28
Vertical 95709568
Direction 43170173 DirectionArea 23570494
Power 1553207 PowerArea 516947

Type Moderate
Used for Cpu shot selection - as each ball is bowled the program decide if either a defensive/moderate/aggressive shot is to be played. Then depending also on the values stored in ballstumps,ballbatsman & ballength, a stroke file is selected.

EdgeModifier 12
EdgeModifier6 12

In my opinion the main values used to determine how likely an edge is to occur when playing this stroke. The higher the values the more likely there is to be an edge. However edge probability also is dependant on settings in the config file. (I.e BatWindowIdealSize and BatEdgeAverage etc)
EdgeModifier6 naturally refers to a Power Boost (6 Hit) shot being played, where as EdgeModifier refers to a normal powered stroke.

Difficulty 19548 Reward 23729
Difficulty6 45824 Reward6 52928

Difficulty(6) refers to how hard it will be to time a stroke correctly (keyframes - to be explained later). The lower the value the easier it is to perfectly time shots.
Reward(6) - Used for Cpu shot selection. As well as Type and Ball(stumps, batsman and length), the Reward value determines how likely a stroke is to be played in any given situation, The higher the value, the more likle the stroke is to be used.

EdgeProb 5008 EdgeProb6 4160
Like with EdgeModifier(6) values explained above, this helps determine the liklihood of an edge occuring using this shot. The higher the value the more likely and edge will occur. In my experience this value is not as important as the EdgeModifier one.

BowlerTypes 15
Used for Cpu Shot selection
15 = shot to be played against all bowler types
14 = shot to be played against all bowler types (?)
9 = shot to be played against medium, med/fast and fast bowlers
6 = shot to be played against spinners only

BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

Used for Cpu shot selection. This part in itself would take chapters to write to explain properly. Therefore here I will explain briefly how each values helps determine which stroke is selected depending on where the ball pitches

BallStumps
0 = ball missing leg stump
1 = ball missing off stump
2 = ball hitting stumps
3 = ball hitting anywhere

BallBatsman
0 = batsman to leg side of ball when playing stroke
1 = batsman to off side of ball when playing stroke
2 = batsman in line with ball when playing stroke
3 = batsman standing anywhere when playing stroke

BallLength
0 = ball pitching half way down the pitch (I.e. short pitched delivery)
1 = ball pitching on a good length (& just short of a good length)
2 = ball pitching right upto the batsman (full length, half volley, yorker)
3 = In my experience this is similar to 2, but more liklihood of this stroke being played.
4 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside off stump ?
5 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside leg stump ?

So in the example above
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

This refers to a ball missing off stump, the batsman standing to the leg side of the ball and the ball is pitched up (Cover drive)

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Mode = Normal. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a normal powered shot
Mode = 6 Hit. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a Powered (6 Hit) shot

Timing of stroke determines which of the keyframes is used

keyframe 0 very late timing
keyfame 1 late timing
keyframe 2 perfect timing
keyframe 3 early timing
keyframe 4 very early timing

Frame 28
This determine how fast the shot animation is used - the higher the value the quicker the animation. Best left alone

Vertical 95709568
This value determines how high the ball goes off the bat.The higher the value, the lower the trajectory. For guidance :
100000000 - 110000000 = heights used for slip catching.
130000000 - 150000000 = shots to travel along the ground

Direction 43170173
This value determines the direction of the stroke. Search the BLC forums or the BLC downloads and look for Shailesh's stroke direction wheel which gives explanations as to which directions the values refer to.

DirectionArea 23570494
Each shot has its own direction. However it would be boring if each stroke always went in the same direction, hence this value. The higher the value the more liklihood of the shot going to the left/right of the pre determined direction set in the Direction value.

Power 1553207
Determines the power of a stroke. By definition keyframe 2 (perfect timing) should always have the highest power values. For guidance:
Power 2500000 - 3000000 usually good enough to hit the boundaries.

PowerArea 516947
Like direction, it would be boring if each stroke was always hit with the same power. The higher this value the greater the power variation from the Power value set.
E.g if Power set to 2500000 (good power) and PowerArea = 700000, then high chance of this shot being hit with super power (eg Power 3000000) and high chance also of this shot being hit with low power (eg Power 1500000). If PowerArea for this shot was set to 1000000, then low chance of any variation of the shot being hit with anything other than 2500000 power.

For guidance:
PowerArea 6000000 = good variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 9999999 = high variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 1000000 = low variation of Power Ranges

So there you go. If ravi (crick4life) or anyone else how more opinions to offer, or even disagrees, feel free to post here. Good Luck everyone.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by zimrahil
Direction 43170173
This value determines the direction of the stroke. Search the BLC forums or the BLC downloads and look for Shailesh's stroke direction wheel which gives explanations as to which directions the values refer to.

well....i can find "Shailesh's stroke direction wheel".well any help on that will be great.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
thnx zim.

that link worked great.

**i have added you to my hotmail messenger list. if u come online, plz do accept my invitation.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
zim after checking the 'direction' of some of the shots with reference to 'Shailesh's stroke direction wheel'. i've noticed that the directions of some of the shots are totally opposite in the BMP file of Shailesh.

best e.g- LATE CUT 1

the direction according to Shailesh's BMP should start from '01','02','03' but instead it starts from '21','22',etc and even goes to '32' and '43' which are not in the BMP file.

i think you should check it out,

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
tutsi,
if I remember correctly, shailesh's directions are for when there are 9 digits in the directional value - i.e his values correspond to the 1st 3 digits and the last 6 digits are almost irrelevant.
In the game, they often only use 8 digits which don't relate to the stroke wheel.
However you can overwrite the 8 digit direction by using shailesh's 9 digit directional values which work great in game :)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
zim just guide me here a bit....i've taken this from LATE CUT 1 :

Mode Normal KeyFrame 4
Frame 33
Vertical 130530637
Direction 43967876 DirectionArea 7864320
Power 1169344 PowerArea 700704

in this the direction values is of 8 digits. according to shailesh's wheel the 1st 3 digits matter. but the first 3 digits are '439' which are not in his wheel. what should i do.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
if you are going to use shailesh's stroke wheel then ignore the 8 digit number.
If the shot you want has the digits 030 for example then replace 43967876 with 030000000 (ie 9 digits)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
so....in the above we have added and extra digit in the end to make it a 9 digit value...right?

and we have ignored the '4' in the value 43967876 and replaced it with a '0' to correspond it with shailesh's wheel.....right?

will it work like this with cricket 2004?

and also like in the above example u help me understand how to edit. but if i just wanna know where the shot will go by looking at the direction value of some other shot which has a 8 digit direction value. how will i know where the shot is going coz 8 digits do not go with shailesh's wheel. what is the common thing to do with 8 digit direction values to corresspont them with shailesh's wheel.

well i know i'm troubleing you a lot with my question but seriously i just want everthing to be clearly explained so that there is no confusing regarding anything later on.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
basically the 8 digit values have nothing to do with the stroke wheel. I don't know what they mean.

All you need to do is pick a stroke file (eg straight drive), look at the stroke wheel for values near the straight drive (130) etc and make 9 digit values for directions for all keyframes ensuring the first 3 digits are all around 125-135 etc or whatever values you want them to be

Users who are viewing this thread