South Africa Tour of New Zealand - (Feb/March 2017)

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I really want NZ to defeat SA this series, and hopefully the Kiwis will bounce back after that dismal batting display. This series is certainly alive, but Latham has to go. 3 ducks in 6 innings is just not acceptable for an opener. As for South Africa, they have played superbly yesterday. They have good bench strength, and who knows they might win the Champions Trophy, if they play like this...

*cough* if they don't choke.... :D
I wonder why no century from SOA vs NZ so far with only last game left, I bet India /southafrica final in England
77 runs last 8 overs at seddon park in 4th game.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I wonder why no century from SOA vs NZ so far with only last game left, I bet India /southafrica final in England
77 runs last 8 overs at EST est seddon park in 4th game.
What a knock by Guppy? 15 fours and 11 sixes, he and Taylor put on stand of 180.i wish Latham bounce back during test
Series vs SOA

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Didn't watch the whole game but from what I did see we bowled a lot of short balls to Guptill which doesn't seem like a good option. Fantastic innings but it highlights an area of concern for SA in the fact that our bowling line-up is quite weak. We have too many bowling all-rounders in our side (a bit like England) who aren't good enough to make the team just with bowling. I'd like to see something like this for the next ODI series.

Amla
de Kock
Faf
AB
de Bruyn/Klaasen/Nicky VDB/Rassie van der Dussen/ Van Jaarsveld(?)
Miller
Pretorious
Another bowler (Morris, Birch or any fast bowler doing well)
Rabada
Morkel
Tahir

I just want to see us start giving chances to people who deserve it. How badly do we need Ackermann, Ingram, Rossouw, Abbott, Viljoen and co right now? if we don't start rewarding players it won't be long before the likes of de Bruyn, Nicky VDB and Klaasen all leave. Why do we keep going with JP when he's been out of form for so long? He's turning into our Ian Bell! We can't have Morris, Pretorious, Parnell and Phehlukwayo as our bowling attack. We can afford to have one or two but they can't win you a game with the ball.

On the bright side players like Bjorn Fortuin, Leus de Plooy and Klaasen all seem to be very promising. Hopefully they can get a shot before they turn to kolpak deals.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What a session so far. 16 runs for 16 overs and then 2 quick wickets. South Africa struggling currently and so good to see this Bowling from NZers

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Elgar is morphing into a world class opener. Good stuff

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Elgar is massively underrated. I reckon in a year or two he will be rated as one of the best in the world.

I didn't watch the match but it's a pity that Cook and Amla didn't score, I really want Amla to finish with a 50+ average, he deserves it. We can't have Duminy and Bavuma in the side, they are two pieces of deadwood that we can't have floating around. Before the match, Bavuma averaged 30 after 25 innings, can't warrant him being in the team IMO. 1 hundred on a road in Cape Town but he's scoring runs in this innings so we can't drop him now. We'll see how he does tomorrow but if it isn't a big score I think he should go back to the domestic circuit. If Kuhn, de Bruyn etc. got 25 innings would they average more than 30? I imagine so. Duminy also should go but he seems to always just do enough to stay in. I'd rather keep Duminy as he can bowl a bit. I'd like to see Dwaine Pretorius come in at 7 and be the 5th bowler. He's a class act.

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ross Taylor out of the second test due to injury, Neil Broom has been brought in and he will most likely make his test debut at the Basin Reserve. I think it's a good choice in my opinion, but if you have a different opinion do reply if you can.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would have preferred Nicholls being dropped and bringing in both Broom and either Munro or Bruce

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I would have preferred Nicholls being dropped and bringing in both Broom and either Munro or Bruce
Munro was actually dropped by Auckland due to 'inappropriate language' and was suspended for a game while Broom was picked due to more experience in first-class though it would have been cool to see Bruce debut.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
Southafrica called 27 year old DANE PIEDT @Off spinner for remains of test series vs newzeland,I think good moves by SOA because keshav Maharaj was successive in the first innings with 5 wits haul, rains ruins otherwise good test.

Wow someone's user is : off spinner in this lovely forum

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
Munro was actually dropped by Auckland due to 'inappropriate language' and was suspended for a game while Broom was picked due to more experience in first-class though it would have been cool to see Bruce debut.

Munro's was given plenty of chance in test matches just like NICHOLLAS but both not fits in that format.Munro's batting average 50 this season, broom gave good hope but I would like BHARAT POPLI who had batting average of 60 for last two seasons.

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Munro's was given plenty of chance in test matches just like NICHOLLAS but both not fits in that format.Munro's batting average 50 this season, broom gave good hope but I would like BHARAT POPLI who had batting average of 60 for last two seasons.
Popli or Ken McClure could be interesting for the squad. It honestly depends on when Ross Taylor retires and who's in the best form in the Plunket Shield at that time.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
Popli or Ken McClure could be interesting for the squad. It honestly depends on when Ross Taylor retires and who's in the best form in the Plunket Shield at that time.

Probably their policy to not to includes more than 2 Asians in nz team, Glen turners wife,mrs KAUR I think Mayor of states, I forget so some of them had easy Access, but JET'S innings superb (52) vs best bowling of fast bowling, Patel too, bowling with tight spell, he is still good with Warwickshire, regularly took 60 odd wickets in county cricket.

Bharat popli not even close to selection,verma and Ayaz Patel also impressive in lower grade cricket or plunkett.i still remember RAMESH PATEL doing great (for nz)in other than cricket, Deepak Patel in cricket for nz,

Users who are viewing this thread