Spin bowling problem

ajinkya123

Club Captain
hi couple of days ago it was spinning..and rpm was above 1000rpm everyball..and rotation was not complete..now rotation is complete but spin is gone its just drift.and rpm is around 450...any solution to get 1000rpm??

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
hi couple of days ago it was spinning..and rpm was above 1000rpm everyball..and rotation was not complete..now rotation is complete but spin is gone its just drift.and rpm is around 450...any solution to get 1000rpm??
Is this in career or casual matches??

Jian

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In the past couple of days i've started experiencing problems with the RPM using my career mode player (wrist spinner) solely with leg break deliveries. Sometimes it'll hit the max RPM but other times it's down about 300rpm. Half a season in with my player so his normal RPM is 1350 ish but this only seems to hit (with a 'perfect' rotation according to the meter) maybe once an over. This is the normal leg break option pointing northwest with the delivery stick. If I use the 'slow drift' or 'slow drift and flight' deliveries I get the full RPM every time, if I get the rotation correct.

I'm going to try it later on an exhibition match to see if I get the same problems, otherwise it might just be my career player. Saying that, it could just be a natural variation of the game, which is fairly realistic.

Having said all of this, I think the actual, discernable spin off the wicket is fairly consistent, so I'm not sure whether it's really making much difference apart from hitting me where it hurts (my RPM meter, or more accurately, my ego).

D

Deleted member 149013

Spin how do you get speed in variation? When I bowl I press R1 and L1 but at the end of an over it shows all the deliveries been the same speed. With seam bowling the R1 and L1 works.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Spin how do you get speed in variation? When I bowl I press R1 and L1 but at the end of an over it shows all the deliveries been the same speed. With seam bowling the R1 and L1 works.

The triggers don't work for spin bowling, the variation in pace comes from the type of ball bowled.

They should have made it so that one trigger added pace with another for extra rip.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The triggers don't work for spin bowling, the variation in pace comes from the type of ball bowled.
They should have made it so that one trigger added pace with another for extra rip.
Actually you can vary the speed by releasing the ball at different timing like late very early , and that does have an effect on the speed as well along with the length...You can do this because there is no no-ball issue for spinners in the game....

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Actually you can vary the speed by releasing the ball at different timing like late very early , and that does have an effect on the speed as well along with the length...You can do this because there is no no-ball issue for spinners in the game....

I hadn't noticed this, will give it a go, cheers man..

Does anyone else think that the AI actually plays spin quite well? I find the amount of aerial shots to be fairly realistic, it defends well, smashes the bad balls and generally feels like a fair battle between bat and ball. I get some fantastic edges and times when the batsman is completely beaten by drift and turn and I even took my first bat/pad the other day and had a few stumping opportunities . If BA could sort out the bounce from the short ball I'd be pretty pleased with it overall.

It's with the pace bowling where the game seems so out of sorts.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I hadn't noticed this, will give it a go, cheers man..

Does anyone else think that the AI actually plays spin quite well? I find the amount of aerial shots to be fairly realistic, it defends well, smashes the bad balls and generally feels like a fair battle between bat and ball. I get some fantastic edges and times when the batsman is completely beaten by drift and turn and I even took my first bat/pad the other day and had a few stumping opportunities . If BA could sort out the bounce from the short ball I'd be pretty pleased with it overall.

It's with the pace bowling where the game seems so out of sorts.
AI needs tweaking which is the main focus for Patch#3 as mentioned by fiction...At the moment its either hit middle or miss by a big gap...So I have reduced the amount of time I play the game and will continue only after patch#3 hoping it gets back on track...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
AI needs tweaking which is the main focus for Patch#3 as mentioned by fiction...At the moment its either hit middle or miss by a big gap...So I have reduced the amount of time I play the game and will continue only after patch#3 hoping it gets back on track...

I completely disagree with this whole middle or miss by a mile thing that keeps getting thrown about on PC. I see almost as many play and misses where the ball has missed the edge by millimetres as played and missed by a big gap. Half a dozen or so times an innings I have moments when I can't believe it hasn't resulted in a wicket because the ball has been so close to finding the edge and the stumps also. This is with both pace and spin bowling.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I completely disagree with this whole middle or miss by a mile thing that keeps getting thrown about on PC. I see almost as many play and misses where the ball has missed the edge by millimetres as played and missed by a big gap. Half a dozen or so times an innings I have moments when I can't believe it hasn't resulted in a wicket because the ball has been so close to finding the edge and the stumps also. This is with both pace and spin bowling.
Not sure how many people are adding 'by a mile' to it, you're quite right that it's not that they are missing by large amounts, it's that they can perfectly leave balls that go on to miss by such a small amount, or take wild swings that never manage to result in risk - the AI batsman seem like they can predict the path of the bal way too accurately (again with the additional problem that stats seem to not matter).

D

Deleted member 149013

Curious why the triggers don’t work, however it’s a challenge.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Curious why the triggers don’t work, however it’s a challenge.

Work with the different types of deliveries for speed variations. Example for PS3

Top Spinner (Up on the RA) , and the Triangle , pushing RA up very early , results in a Fast Topspinning Yorker aimed for the Toes.

Next Ball , Slow Drifter

RA at 4'o clock / 7'o clock (depending on type of bowler) , and then select ether good or short ball . Get rotations right and Voila !

A beatifull slow drifting ball.....

All in the details :)

D

Deleted member 149013

thanks for the tips, I just have been avoiding bowling spin until it is a decent level and its coming on nice. I was just tapping the hell out of the triggers wondering like an idiot why it was not working but the mystery is solved.

Users who are viewing this thread