sports personality of the year

who do you think should win?

• Total voters

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my vote goes to Jason Robinson mostly because i don't really know the other players don't watch soccer that much... but im starting to watch it and starting to learn some of the players.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
None of them play "soccer" their boxers, athletes, motorsport and a golfer. I wouldn't vote Lewis Hamilton, I have no doubts he'll win it at a later stage in his career but to me voting a loser as sports personality of the year says a lot about British sport. I'd give it to Calzaghe or Hatton but they don't get the credit they deserve, 1 has established himself as one of best ever boxers and the other could well be the greatest from Britain. If Hatton wins though he'll win it for sure.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Even if he wins I wouldn't put it as a certainty that Hatton would win. They'll probably rig it like last year so Radcliffe will win it.

Perm

School Cricketer
Are you having a laugh? Worst kicker in the tournament iirc except for the Japan fly haf and seeing as Englands game was extremely reliant upon him he was rubbish. He didn't offer us any attacking threat with the ball in hand either, if he plays in the 6 nations it will be on reputation alone. Just his sheer presence was what got him in the side and even if you disagree you can't seriously think he played well enough to deserve a nomination for this?

Wilkinson kicked 67 points in the World Cup, which was third best in the entire tournament. Take into consideration he played two less games than the two ahead of him (Montgomery and Contepomi) and you'll realise that his kicking was very beneficial to England. England's game plan wasn't geared towards attacking with the backs, not when they have the likes of Mike Catt in the backline and no loose forwards of any note. If he plays in the 6 nations it will be because he is easily the best fly-half in England, even if he isn't playing as good as he usually is.

I'm not saying whether his inclusion in the poll is justified, just that he didn't play poorly at the World Cup like you suggested. His presence in the side lifted England to victory, of that I have no doubt.

Monty57

Club Cricketer
I dont know what world cup you were watching mate. All he did was get the points at the right moment.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
His presence did a job and England din't exactly play exciting rugby with the backs but even so when we did get the ball to them he didn't offer any threat. His percentages were rubbish despite his points tally which says a lot about the way England played. Cipriani and Hodgson seem most likely to play for England now anyway.

wolf

International Cricketer
Christine Ohrorogogouhyghgoogg-Right ok, I support united so I'm not here to criticise about missing drugs tests, although Rio's 1 was a hell of a lot more understandable than her 3, anyway she can't and won't win.

Ok let us get one thing straight here. She is not a druggie. She is someone who made mistakes. There are over 70 British athletes recently who have missed drugs tests and are on their first warning, and a few who have missed two and are on their final warning. She has tests the week before and the week after her missed test and both came up negative.

If Hatton beats Mayweather I would go for him. If not either Calzaghe or Ohuruogu.

I have no idea why Andy Murray is nominated. I would go for his brother Jamie who actually won Wimbledon instead.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Is she the one who missed them drugs tests?

I still fail to see why Radcliffe is on their.

Go Ricky. If he twats Mayweather then he's a surefire winner.

Monty57

Club Cricketer
I dont think personally there is another choice then Hatton. if he doesnt win- its clearly another BBC phone scandal

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
If Hatton loses then Calzaghe should win because Hatton would have lost his big fight while Calzaghe didn't, even if his wasn't as tough.

lancashire666

International Coach
hamilton cant win this, hotton and calzaghe have both have hugh amounts of success and hamilton hasnt won anything yet, yes he did have a amazing season but to give it to him would be giving him credit for failer and not awarding 2 people who are currently haveing hugh success, sports personalty should go to someone who has been succesful surely

Animator!

School Cricketer
Ok let us get one thing straight here. She is not a druggie. She is someone who made mistakes. There are over 70 British athletes recently who have missed drugs tests and are on their first warning, and a few who have missed two and are on their final warning. She has tests the week before and the week after her missed test and both came up negative.

QUOTE]

She missed one, then deliberately missed one saying she was busy, and missed one again. Whilst she may not be a druggie she is still patheticall stupid. You shouldn't miss a drugs test especially under the circumstances unless something drastic has happened.

It's a pathetic list though. Onorughu shouldn't be there, Radcliffe has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Both the boxers deserve to be on the list but if we hadn't just gone through a terrible year for English sport they wouldn't win it.

Lewis Hamilton will win it, because he's got a much bigger profile than either of the boxers, but I personally would vote either of the boxers ahead of him, and it's a close call which, but if Hatton bat Mayweather it'd be Hatton.

wolf

International Cricketer

She missed one, then deliberately missed one saying she was busy, and missed one again. Whilst she may not be a druggie she is still patheticall stupid. You shouldn't miss a drugs test especially under the circumstances unless something drastic has happened.

It's a pathetic list though. Onorughu shouldn't be there, Radcliffe has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Both the boxers deserve to be on the list but if we hadn't just gone through a terrible year for English sport they wouldn't win it.

Lewis Hamilton will win it, because he's got a much bigger profile than either of the boxers, but I personally would vote either of the boxers ahead of him, and it's a close call which, but if Hatton bat Mayweather it'd be Hatton.

You have clearly being mis-informed about the situation. She didn't miss any tests delibrately. On the third test the testers called at her normal training ground but she wasn't there because she had got there earlier but realised she couldn't train there and moved venue, and then was unable to get back in time when the testers called.

If you look on the BBC site there is another story about Mark Lewis-Francis, who is on his final warning, who says he got a missed test after the testers went to his house but went because the door bell didn't work. Just shows how easy it is to miss a test.

Users who are viewing this thread