Sportsmanship In Cricket

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What are you on about? Beamer is one of the easiest balls to deliver - you don't have to target a certain spot on the pitch. You simply let go of the ball, aiming at the batsman - that's all.

However, bouncer is a different story as you have to pitch the ball and not hurl it as a full-toss.

manee said:
Whether it was deliberate or not is debateable...

All I know is when I bowl I cannot bowl a beamer without dropping alot o fpace and modifying my action alot; I doubt shoaib did this and so in my opinion he is innocent of any attempted assult

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Thats just bad'n'Shady! BRING BACK the Sportsmanship in Cricket!

Lucky

International Cricketer
I'm not saying for players to lose aggression or anything! I'm just saying, if someone is hurt or injured, they should look to help them.

Aggression is a good thing in sport, but I don't think it should be applied all the time.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I don't think aggression is a problem in cricket. After all cricket is not contact sport and there's hardly ever a chance for batsman to get seriously hurt. Even if a batsman is hit by the bowler, there's not much fielders can do about it. Let the players play as they feel like and if they don't want to baby-sit the batsman after he's hit, so be it!

Lucky said:
I'm not saying for players to lose aggression or anything! I'm just saying, if someone is hurt or injured, they should look to help them.

Aggression is a good thing in sport, but I don't think it should be applied all the time.

Lucky

International Cricketer
LOL! Seems that most of you think differently than I do. Well, that is the sort of things I would want to see in cricket. But that's my opinion :rolleyes:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
well, sportsmanship is certainly not lost completely.
during the recent indo-pak test series, younis khan took a run, the ball got deflected from his bat, he ran all the way to almost third man to fetch the ball for the Indians.
this shows that cricket is still a gentleman's game

Sureshot

Executive member
Lucky said:
LOL! Seems that most of you think differently than I do. Well, that is the sort of things I would want to see in cricket. But that's my opinion :rolleyes:

But you're an Australian you're not supposed to think like that ;)

gary0808

Club Cricketer
Sportsmanship is definetly in Cricket. Remember Freddie going up to Lee at Edgbaston after exchanging blows not just in that match but in the whole tour. The ashes got sporting at that moment.

Lucky

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
But you're an Australian you're not supposed to think like that ;)

LOL! :D :p Well I am a fast bowler myself and I do like to get aggressive when playing cricket, giving a few stares and sometimes a few verbals :p , But there always is a limit.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Well Shoaib has hit many players, but he is the first person to run down to the batsman, as seen here.

kodos

International Coach
Lucky said:
LOL! :D :p Well I am a fast bowler myself and I do like to get aggressive when playing cricket, giving a few stares and sometimes a few verbals :p , But there always is a limit.

Guess you should also tell that to Lee and Warne.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread