Sri Lanka in England 2011

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They'll be back in time for the 2nd practice match, and they'll play in that warmup match. That's the same amount of match practice India will have before our test matches against ENG start in July. Don't make excuses.

yes thanks to your IPL we are sending anther team to play the first practice game....... dont start this, it will get ugly if you do!!!!!

International Coach
Making excuses is easy but the fact is Lankans have won only one test so far in England.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
i saw what jaya and sanga had to say. obviously they r his team mates. and like i said i understand his decision but if his fit enough to play 2 months of IPL why not test cricket? why doesnt he skip the IPL and recuperate. and yes i know its a CHRONIC condition but he can cope with it. Athers coped with a chronic back condition his entire career. akram bowled for most of his career with diabetes. if there's a will there's a way.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Making excuses is easy but the fact is Lankans have won only one test so far in England.

only 1 test????????????????????????? why do lie man :facepalm, who told you this, check things before posting (i made the same mistake some time ago :lol)

----------

i saw what jaya and sanga had to say. obviously they r his team mates. and like i said i understand his decision but if his fit enough to play 2 months of IPL why not test cricket? why doesnt he skip the IPL and recuperate. and yes i know its a CHRONIC condition but he can cope with it. Athers coped with a chronic back condition his entire career. akram bowled for most of his career with diabetes. if there's a will there's a way.

with IPL its easy to make money mate, so playing for the country is not priority anymore !!!

fisch

Club Cricketer
Oh yeah, like 2 wins in England in over two decades of Test cricket is sooo much better. Not to mention that the curator practically gave both of those matches on a plate to Murali. Admittedly he grabbed his opportunities quite well.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Oh yeah, like 2 wins in England in over two decades of Test cricket is sooo much better. Not to mention that the curator practically gave both of those matches on a plate to Murali. Admittedly he grabbed his opportunities quite well.

look you cant blame Sri Lanka for that, for first 20yrs of test cricket from 1981 to 2001 Eng only gave us 4 test matchs in Eng. so when you play more and more only you can do well. not this time thanks to IPL bassball tournament!!!

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Might be a time to start playing some youngsters, especially in the ODI's. I'd possibly bring in James Taylor in for Collingwood, Woakes in for Anderson, Rashid in for Yardy and Kieswetter in for Prior.

It might be time for Anderson to concentrate on Tests, since he leads England now and we play far too much cricket now. It would present an opportunity to give Woakes or Shahzad a good go and get some international experience.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I wouldn't count Sri Lanka's record against them too much because they've really only played two proper series, but the side that lost 2-0 in 2002 was probably a lot better than what they've got now.

Users who are viewing this thread