NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It was not boring and if it was meant to me I did not say "Boring" I said a bit quickly they should have played.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The day belonged to England but they should have batted quickly

I disagree. Forcing the pace is all well and good but people would be on here complaining if they'd of collapsed in a heap due to trying to score too quickly. I think they've set it up perfectly for Pietersen, Morgan and Prior to hit out when they get a chance to bat.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
I disagree. Forcing the pace is all well and good but people would be on here complaining if they'd of collapsed in a heap due to trying to score too quickly. I think they've set it up perfectly for Pietersen, Morgan and Prior to hit out when they get a chance to bat.

Absolutely agreed. Alastair Cook and Jonathan Trott batted us into a position of fortitude and England are set to post a massive reply. Looking ahead to the fifth day, I can't really see England bowling Sri Lanka out again because, without Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad looked half-baked and Swann/Tremlett won't take 10 wickets between them.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Cook and Trott players are exactly what the Aussies are missing atm. Batsmen that value their wickets and go onto make big 100s.

Boundaries

Club Cricketer
Trott and Cook, batting forever again. Good times.

The pitch is fairly flat, but the Sri Lankan bowlers have nothing about them. Anderson was getting something out of the pitch, it's not that flat.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Was Cooked dropped before making his 100?

Paranavitana I think it was, almost pulled off a blinder at short leg when Cook swept one of the spinners, but it was only a half chance because of him pre-meditating the shot.

------------------------------------------------------
Cook and Trott are pretty boring to watch, but they get the job done. If we had 4 fit bowlers I'd say try to get to 500 today as soon as possible and then bowl in the last session, but as we don't, I imagine we'll try to rack up 600 and then try to bowl them out tomorrow, which will be hard with their batting and only 3 bowlers.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
cricinfo said:
11.30am Want an update? It's still wet. Sorry. Word from the ground is it could take a while to clear up. What a pain.

Is the weather good enough to permit a result for the next two tests?

cricketlover172

Club Cricketer
England should try to play for the result and score quickly. If this test is draw , then they will remain at no.3 rankings even if they win the next 2 test.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
That is rather tragic to say the least . I still remember the Lord's test against India in 2007 when England were a wicket away from clinching the first test . But rain poured down for the next one and a half days , it not only saved India the test match , but also won them the series .

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Momentum plays a huge role in test cricket . Had England won the first test , who knows what might have happened to India's confidence and the mood in the dressing room? Instead , they were high five going to the second test and eventually won the match and thereby the series . England on the other hand would have been vastly devastated after throwing everything in that first test only to salvage a draw in the end . That wasn't an excuse at the first place let alone a pathetic one .

Users who are viewing this thread