Sri Lanka Under-19 in Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
1st Youth ODI: Australia Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s at Darwin - Oct 2, 2009

2nd Youth ODI: Australia Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s at Darwin - Oct 4, 2009

3rd Youth ODI: Australia Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s at Darwin - Oct 6, 2009

4th Youth ODI: Australia Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s at Darwin - Oct 9, 2009

5th Youth ODI: Australia Under-19s v Sri Lanka Under-19s at Darwin - Oct 11, 2009

1st match ended up as a 25 over match.
Aus U19 8/181 (Beaton 59, Maddinson 46)
SL U19 6/165 (Withanage 45, Abbott 2-33)

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/422018.html

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wouldn't be able to give us Sri Lanka's score would you Syl?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Added, I've put the scorecard for the game as well.

It's a real new team, only heard of Doran and Buchanan. Abbott could be a promising player if his profile is correct regarding his pace. Certainly can bat a bit.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Added, I've put the scorecard for the game as well.

It's a real new team, only heard of Doran and Buchanan. Abbott could be a promising player if his profile is correct regarding his pace. Certainly can bat a bit.

Thanks.

Yea I just had a look at Sean Abbott's profile, Right Arm-Fast for a 17 year old. Would that mean he's already bowling 140+, must be a mistake wouldn't it?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would say so, maybe they are thinking towards the future. Cricket achieve has him as a RFM.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Doran was a class above the other Aussie bowlers. Maddinson is in good form and scores at a good rate.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
3 run outs is well shoddy. but I guess with such a young team that hasn't been playing together these things will happen.

obviously dodgey bowling and a flat track (I assume, I never saw any of it) helped Rajapaksha but that was a brutalising. he's one of the youngest in the sri lankan team too, so good signs that.

Amitpal_003

School Cricketer
Comfortable win for the Lankans in the 3rd ODI, seems as though they do have alot of good juniors coming through the ranks.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I noticed rajapaksha did well in the domestic twenty20 as well. must be a bit of a prospect.

followed up his 150 with an 8 over spell that only went for 15 runs. I think he's more of a batsman but a stat like that tells you this guy is a natural athlete.

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
is the aussie era ending now???

how could they lose to SL???? :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread