Sri Lanka vs West Indies 1st Test 2010

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can register here. Deadline is on 15 November 2010 at 04:30 GMT.

Sri Lanka Squad

Kumar Sangakkara (c)
Mahela Jayawardene (vc)
Tillakaratne Dilshan (batting allrounder)
Dilhara Fernando
Rangana Herath
Prasanna Jayawardene (wk)
Suraj Randiv
Thilina Kandamby (batting allrounder)
Suranga Lakmal
Angelo Mathews (batting allrounder)
Ajantha Mendis
Tharanga Paranavitana
Dammika Prasad
Thilan Samaraweera
Kaushal Silva
Thilan Thushara

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain, bowling allrounder)
Brendan Nash (vc)
Adrian Barath
Carlton Baugh (wk)
Sulieman Benn
Dwayne Bravo (batting allrounder)
Darren Bravo
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Chris Gayle (batting allrounder)
Nelon Pascal
Kemar Roach
Andre Russell
Shane Shillingford
Devon Smith
Devon Thomas (wk)

Sri Lanka v West Indies | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on Cricinfo.com

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I see West Indies is batting first. I didn't include Gayle in my team and it seems he may make me regret it.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I checked some statistics. Some Sri Lanka batsmen had great averages at home. Eventually I had to decide between Bravo and Gayle and I chose Bravo because of his added bowling. Also Gayle didn't perform well in recent matches.

If I had known West Indies would bat first on this pitch he would be in my team. At the moment he is nearing an easy fifty.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Abhas and WestIndian both have Gayle as captain so I think they'll come out on top :spy

The rest have Sangakkara, except Zexy who has Jayawardene

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I'm missing a bowler though. Suleiman Benn is not playing :(
Double century for Gayle, definitely looking to be near the top based on the match so far.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm missing a bowler too, Herath isn't playing. But then that might not be a bad thing considering the figures of the bowlers at the moment...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The one player I don't have, Gayle, scores 219 runs. :noway This, while he has been performing awful in recent cricket. Benn is also not playing.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So far all the West Indian players have scored 50+ runs, except the one I have in my team (Chanderpaul).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It feels like a conspiracy is going on against me. The two West Indian batsmen failed me (Chanderpaul and Bravo), one I don't have hits a triple century (Gayle) and one Sri Lankan, who I felt could get a century (Dilshan) just went out with a duck.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
With Gayle as captain, me and Westindian have a 333 point advantage over others, and 666 point advantage over ZZ :p

Abhas added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Going through the teams, surprisingly, 3 teams don't have Gayle!
I'm missing Mendis, that means Westindian would be definitely on top, and I have a chance for 2nd. My place would be challenged ofcourse because apart from the captain, all my bonus players are crap, and I'm missing Mendis.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Don't worry. Jayawardene will hit runs as well. There are also some people who don't have Gayle in their teams. I think I will end in the middle.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
With Gayle as captain, me and Westindian have a 333 point advantage over others, and 666 point advantage over ZZ :p

Abhas added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Going through the teams, surprisingly, 3 teams don't have Gayle!
I'm missing Mendis, that means Westindian would be definitely on top, and I have a chance for 2nd. My place would be challenged ofcourse because apart from the captain, all my bonus players are crap, and I'm missing Mendis.

Interesting stuff, have not had much time to review but a triple ton should do well! Dilshan is already a disappointment but on this wicket I would expect the likes of Sangakkara, Jayawardene to get runs.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I am just hearing on TV commentary that Benn was suspended for this Test.

Benn suspended for antics in third Test
Cricinfo staff
July 10, 2010
WI v SA: Suliemann Benn suspended for antics in third Test | Cricket News | West Indies v South Africa 2010 | ESPN Cricinfo

I don't understand really then why Cricinfo had Benn listed in the predicted line ups:

Unsettled West Indies face tough task
The Preview by Siddarth Ravindran
November 14, 2010
Sri Lanka v West Indies: Unsettled West Indies face tough task | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

So I've substituted him for the persons (Abhas, nuffa and myself) who had him in his team.

Users who are viewing this thread