Struggling ...

Gamenews6

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am struggling to bowl and bat on Cricket 2005 PC version. This is my first time playing a cricket game and i am really struggling to do anything. Have you guys got any tips to bowl and bat as i have taken part in about 15 matches and got thrashed in all. My highest score after 10 overs is 35 for 8 out.

PLEASE GUYS, HELP ME

batting controls(press the arrow keys first)

s= front foot shot
d= attack shot
w= backfoot shot
a = leave
shift = power shot ( press this first than the arrow keys and shot)

bowling

you have an option of what ball to bowl press it and position the circle with the arrow keys and wait for it to get smaller.
on your left a meter will fill up press the button you pressed to start to bowl so it dosn't fill up to the top othervise it is a no ball.

Don't give away controls on this forum! We are strictly against piracy and anyone with a pirated version knows the controls now!

It will take time. But here are some tips.

1. Use the nets first to get your timing of shots correct. Also try and figure what shots to play to what deliveries. For example a cover drive can be played to a ball just outside the offstump. I prefer to take a leg stump guard in most cases.

2. Start playing test matches first and in easy mode to get the hold of batting, timing and also shot selection. Believe me test matches are the best way to get started.

3. Cover drive, straight drive, backfoot drive, flick to third man, leg glance are some of my favourite shots and onces with which I score most of my runs. Sometimes I use the pull shot to play short pitched deliveries as the cut shot is almost impossible to play.

4. Positioning of your batsmen in very crucial in all cases.

5. In Bowling, a good swing and seam bowler is crucial. I have found it very handy to bowl inswingers that are pitched full. Another favourite of mine is the bouncer (special delivery) especially in test matches.

6. With a spinner I basically put 60% of the maximum pace on the ball and on full turn assuming the ball to hit leg stump. The ball should be pitched on good length, and if the spinner allows sufficient turn, then pitch it well outside offstump. What happens is that the ball goes and clips leg stump from outside the batsmen's legs

Users who are viewing this thread