PS3: Subhasish_mitra -Winner- The British Super Sixes Tournament

AliKhan215

Club Captain
London Blasters(Alikhan215) vs Middlesex Commandos(las_faiz)

LB won by 4 wickets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 4

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
6) One bouncer per over

That rule is useless. Please remove such rules in future leagues if people can justify bowling 5 bouncers in an over just because game doesn't detects it

I don't mind losing against good players. But if it feels cheap I'll voice my opinion

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Regarding rules @las_faiz

1) 1 Bouncer per over is clearly in the rules of the league but I still havent come across somewhere yet where its a glitch in dbc like the 6m rule.

So its added in the game settings.

Here the debate clearly goes to the umpire if he allows to give a ball a NO BALL above shoulder height or not.

If a NO BALL is given, clearly 2 runs are given for it with an extra delivery.

Now the other question if anyone is using slow or balls bowled near or under shoulder height which could be deemed as bouncers but not given by the umpires.

I would say its a strategy or balls where umpires cant detect. I still havent come across any thing yet if those deliveries are a glitch in dbc yet like the 6m rule.

So hope I have answered your question there.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That rule is useless. Please remove such rules in future leagues if people can justify bowling 5 bouncers in an over just because game doesn't detects it

I don't mind losing against good players. But if it feels cheap I'll voice my opinion

1) 1 Bouncer per over is clearly in the rules of the league but I still havent come across somewhere yet where its a glitch in dbc like the 6m rule.

Here the debate clearly goes to the umpire if he allows to give a ball a NO BALL above shoulder height or not.

Now the other question if anyone is using slow or balls bowled near or under shoulder height which could be deemed as bouncers but not given by the umpires.

I would say its a strategy or balls where umpires cant detect. I still havent come across any thing yet if those deliveries are a glitch in dbc yet like the 6m rule.

I get where Faiz is coming from... there's a unique length in the game, or maybe it's due to certain attributes of a medium/fast medium/fast bowler, where the short pitched red delivery gets up near shoulder level but is not called bouncer. Essentially you can't drive the delivery and for all intents and purposes it's a bouncer but the game doesn't detect it as such. I have started seeing lots of folks online beginning to adopt this strategy.

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
Won against moosa

1aKP4C1.jpg

Won against imran

Pwarkux.jpg

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada

Then whats stopping everyone to bowl everything short. Have a point and cover and win every match

That strategy is if someone is too desperate to win

I am sorry but this is not a random facebook league. This league has some of the best player's in DBC. Not once have I faced someone who bowled 5 bouncers an over in any of these tournaments except for randoms

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Ofcourse @las_faiz

Spirit of the game is really important, I agree.
You are saying whats stopping everyone to bowl that way ?
If we all would do that, we wouldn't be playing together at the first place.

Sometimes we get hit by a certain strategy in awkward situations and we just have to take it on the chin.
Some strategies hit the batsman and some strategies go in the favour of the batsman.
The umpiring is also not perfect at times but we try our best to be calm and carry on.

Desperate times make people desperate at times in all situations to win. I agree.

I feel just because of 1 bad experience in a match blaming all the players in the league is not fair and is really hurtful.

Last edited:

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
The British Super Sixes League Table.

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 16.20.42.jpg

Deadline for all league matches is extended till 7th Feb 2300 GMT 2015 due to extremely poor weather in Britain.

All quarter finals has to be completed before 11th feb.

The semi- finals and the finals has to be completed by 2300GMT 15th Feb.

Official Prize and gift certificate will be sent out by courier to the winning manager from London, UK.

Last edited:

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Remaining Fixtures yet to be played:

Kent V Yorkshire
Yorkshire V Merseyside
Birmingham V Cambridge
Birmingham V Middlesex
Birmingham V Devon
Birmingham V Bristol Rebels.
Middlesex V Cornwall
Middlesex V Merseyside
Middlesex V Bristol Rebel
Cambridge V Bristol Rebel
Bristol V Merseyside
Cumbria v Cambridge

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Ofcourse @las_faiz

Sometimes we get hit by a certain strategy in awkward situations and we just have to take it on the chin.
Some strategies hit the batsman and some strategies go in the favour of the batsman.
The umpiring is also not perfect at times but we try our best to be calm and carry on.

Desperate times make people desperate at times in all situations to win. I agree.

I feel just because of 1 bad experience in a match blaming all the players in the league is not fair and is really hurtful.

I haven't blamed everyone else. You are misquoting
My post is regarding one person who used certain tactic which is against the spirit of such leagues and being justified
It shouldn't happen again

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Then whats stopping everyone to bowl everything short. Have a point and cover and win every match

I read this above and felt you were directing it to everyone Faiz.
We will make sure we will keep the spirit of the game. Yes, thats very important.
And I will send out a message in the forum once all the league matches are over.
And also privately message to all the players on whattsapp group.
Hope that helps @las_faiz

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Ofcourse @las_faiz

I really did not bowl 5 bouncers in an over, bowled max 2, and once i bowled 3 which to of them was given as no ball, and he recieved 4 runs without getting a ball wasted. Other than that, if a bowler bowls 5 bouncers, he will just get punished, because the batsman will be expecting to recieve a bouncer ball after ball...

I would say, the side with the better perfomance wins, this time i was that one, but my opposition does not want to admit.

Ali Akbar: There are some people that have difficulties to understand and they need full details of the rules... Next time do write that it's up to the umpire to give it as a No ball or not, even in real cricket if a ball is under the waist or below shoulder height, it's not given as No Ball.

If i bowl 2,3 Bouncers in an over, and the person playing against me thinks that i am breaking the rules, then he should tell me to stop playing for a second and kindly talk to me about it or ask me what is the rule instead of crying about it after knowing that he is going to end up loosing

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I really did not bowl 5 bouncers in an over, bowled max 2, and once i bowled 3 which to of them was given as no ball, and he recieved 4 runs without getting a ball wasted. Other than that, if a bowler bowls 5 bouncers, he will just get punished, because the batsman will be expecting to recieve a bouncer ball after ball...

I would say, the side with the better perfomance wins, this time i was that one, but my opposition does not want to admit.

Ali Akbar: There are some people that have difficulties to understand and they need full details of the rules... Next time do write that it's up to the umpire to give it as a No ball or not, even in real cricket if a ball is under the waist or below shoulder height, it's not given as No Ball.

If i bowl 2,3 Bouncers in an over, and the person playing against me thinks that i am breaking the rules, then he should tell me to stop playing for a second and kindly talk to me about it or ask me what is the rule instead of crying about it after knowing that he is going to end up loosing

I don't think you get the term "spirit of the game"

Voicing one's opinion is not crying. That's what mature people do

Anyways, this is now getting childish. I have made my point. Don't have to add anything else. I have had fun time in this tournament. Good luck to all

Last edited:

AliKhan215

Club Captain
I don't think you get the term "spirit of the game"

Voicing one's opinion is not crying. That's what mature people do

Anyways, this is now getting childish. I have made my point. Don't have to add anything else. I have had fun time in this tournament. Good luck to all

Good you realized that you're making this childish

Good luck with the tournament. I'm off.[DOUBLEPOST=1422844023][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good you realized that you're making this childish

Good luck with the tournament. I'm out.

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 18.57.45.jpg
The British Super Sixes League Table. 7th Feb 1900 GMT
4 more hours to go for the deadline.

All quarter finals has to be completed before 11th feb.

The semi- finals and the finals has to be completed by 2300GMT 15th Feb.

Official Prize and gift certificate will be sent out by courier to the winning manager from London, UK.

Users who are viewing this thread