Story Surrey County Championship Season

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I doubt I'll get more than one match finished before the end of the year but here goes anyway...

This tour is using updated rosters, correct bats, correct pitch ads/stumps etc

First Match

Leicestershire vs Surrey
Grace Road
Pitch: Green
Leicestershire won the toss and chose to bat.

My usual bowling problem struck here. I can't get wickets on any pitch except green pitches which I find ridiculously easy to bowl on...

After 4 overs Leicestershire are 5/5 (!) I'll post some screens and updates some time this week.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
medium difficulty level Mr C ? :o

Too much time spent drinking and not practising it would appear ;)

R

Rahul

lol..come on colin..play on hard!! btw how did u find tutsi's patch??? shud i use it to start my tour???

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm totally useless at this game. I played a 10 over match with Tutsi's patch on medium, scored 57ao and lost to a reply composed entirely of 6's!!!
I can't take wickets on medium on any pitch except green so I doubt I'll be better on hard...
Seriously, medium is hard enough. -_-

As for the lack of time due to more altruistic pusuits, I'd like to put it on record that any freetime I get is spent helping old ladies across the street and feeding starving third world children ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
lol, no further comment your honour on the altruistic pusuits ;)

However the cpu scoring all 6's in your match is not down to your poor play but is infact due to crap pacing files by HB.

Use the config editor and edit the 1day 10 file and reduce the 6 hit values and increase the moderate/defensive values etc.
Or with the copy and paste facility of the editor maybe someone with a good 10 over pacing file can paste there values here for you to copy into your own ?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'll just make my own. The point I was making was that this was using Tutsi's 4.1 patch. Does anyone know if he edited the 10 over medium level configs or not?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
If everyball was going for 6 then it sounds like he hasn't. If he has then some adjustments will be required.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
So here's what you've all been waiting for: the report of Leicestershire's first innings.

Paul Nixon and Jeremy Snape dug in with the score at 5/5 and actually managed to move it along to 29/5 before Adam Hollioake tempted Nixon into a square cut and he was caught at point.
Snape then followed the very next over, edging a Martin Bicknell seamer to first slip.

snapeedges.jpg

With Leicestershire 6 down Alex Tudor returned to the attack to shake up the tailend with some short stuff and took 2 wickets off his first over including this mis-hook from Brignull which found its way into Jonathan Batty's gloves.

misshook.jpg

Tudor then entered a battle royale with Leicestershire's new overseas signing Garnet Kruger knocking the South African to the ground on several occasions and finding the edge as well before Kruger finally fished at one from Azhar Maohmood a long way outside off and was snapped up at third slip.

kruger1.jpg

kruger2.jpg

kruger3.jpg

Batting card

batscore.jpg

Bowling card (5 for Alex Tudor)

bowlscore.jpg

A good performance by Surrey who'll now hope to score 3/400 in their first innings.

L

lazy_chesnut

all i can say about that bowling performance, is "good egg".

I liked the last wicket - some good fishing going on there...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
End of day 1
Leicestershire 43 all out
Surrey 172/4

Having dismissed Leicestershire's entire team before lunch on the first morning Surrey then got an extra few hours rest due to inclement weather conditions.

rain.jpg

When play resumed again at 3.30, Jonathan Batty, having already escaped with his wicket following an edge through the slips, was caught on the crease by a delivery from Phil Defreitas that seamed in a mile. Surrey however didn't allow themselves to be intimidated by the excessive movement judging well which balls to hit and which to defend.
Butcher and Ramprakash put on an excellent stand of 128 for the second wicket before Garnet Kruger joined the attack and had Ramprakash caught at point for 53. Graham Thope cam in but looked out of sorts and soon top edged a hook to square leg. Ally Brown then fell in an identical fashion to Ramprakash, mis-timing a square drive off the last over of the day. Butcher remained unbeaten on 90.

walkingoff.jpg

Batting card

day1batting.jpg

Bowling card

day1bowling.jpg

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Surrey 1st innings
292 all out
Surrey were dismissed for a disappointing 292 after their good start to the innings. Butcher completed his 100 but was given lbw the very next over to Darren Maddy. Adam Hollioake took the attack to the Leicestershire bowlers and scored an excellent 50 including 2 6's before being last man out playing down the wrong line to a Defreitas inswinger.

hollioakelbw.jpg

There were two highly unneccesary runouts in the innings as the Surrey batmen got frustrated by the slowness of the pitch and the outfield.

Batting Card

surrey1stinnings.jpg

Butcher 107

butchspider.jpg

Ramprakash 53

rampsspider.jpg

Hollioake 60

hollyspider.jpg

Bowling stats

leicbowling1st.jpg

Leicestershire made a much better start to their second innings looking much comfortable against the new ball before losing Maunders just before lunch. Having edged through the slips the previous ball, he diverted the next one into the keepers gloves.

maunders.jpg

M

m_vaughan

amazing screens. very well presented m8!! :B

unfortunately i do not know much about english county cricket as there is no tv coverage here of it in india. (apart from twenty twenty).

You are still in an almost no-lose situation in the match. Bes of luck

Attachments

• 099575ay.jpg
    099575ay.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 14
R

Rahul

i follow some of it on the internet.....and i used to play internation cricket captain...used to manage surrey......good job colin!! but in 43 overs....what were u playing...its supposed to be a test match!!

Users who are viewing this thread