Your Cricket Tall spinners, how tall are you?

Phen

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The general rule in cricket is if you are tall, you bowl pace but as we all know, that doesn't suite everyone. There have been a few good tall spinners over the years such as Vettori, Benn (WI) , Ashwin and Beer (AUS) and I'm sure a few of you are tall spinners.

So, what type of spinner are you and how tall are you?

I am a leg spinner and I'm 6 foot 4.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am an off spinner. Nearly 6 foot. Approx 5 foot and 11 and half inches

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
I'm a 6ft 3 Off Spinner. It does seem that tall spinners aren't able to put as many revs on the ball (this isn't an excuse!) but we can use flight and bounce to our advantage!

Phen

School Cricketer
Yeah plus the extra bounce helps take LBW's and clean bowled out of the equation most of the time.

ved_

International Coach
I'm wayyy too short compared to you guys. 5"1 is too short, but I bowl spin. This is off topic, but thought that I could boost your superiority complexes!

alexczarn

Club Captain
5ft 11 and a half and bowl offspin and leggies(When I'm not opening the bowling as a fastbowler)

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am 5 foot 5 and a have inches , leg spinner . I like the way Shane Warne bowls so thats why I copied all his action,bowling tricks and they work perfect for me .

spooony

Club Captain
I'm a 6ft 3 Off Spinner. It does seem that tall spinners aren't able to put as many revs on the ball (this isn't an excuse!) but we can use flight and bounce to our advantage!

Why you say that?

A persons length has nothing to do with it. Have you ever see a tennis ball suddenly dip in a tennis match? That is top spin. Put it on a cricket ball it will hang in the air, drop steeply and bounce high.

Users who are viewing this thread