TAOC - Commentary Names

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whos going to go through all these posts and summarise all lines and names? Also another suggestion for fellowing commontators so we dont have to record every number between 1-500 if your going to take the easy way by saying 5 and hundred say it in the same tone because i notice in cricket 2005. Wen benaud goes 5/203 he says it in different tones but if we do it like that we will have smooth commentary and shorter lines to say

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would just like to know. Paul when should I and the others start working on commentary?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Brett_Lee said:
Yeh I agree. Theres like 4 or 5 of us so yeh. L.M if you have rotating commontators are you going to always have the same pair or whatever? and also you should make commontators say eg. As Brett_Lee and whitehornmatt take up the commantry
I would make random pairs, and each commentator would have generic lines they can say to all of them and some specific to each pair, so you get about 9 different pairs of commentators, so having a few lines only for those pairs means you won't hear the exact same thing so many times.
And after a set period (about an hour or 10 overs) they would change over so you don't get sick of them.
And you would have a commentator who takes up the role of the host, doing all the stuff like welcoming you to the days play, crossing to the pitch report, saying the scores at the intervals, that sort of stuff
Whos going to go through all these posts and summarise all lines and names? Also another suggestion for fellowing commontators so we dont have to record every number between 1-500 if your going to take the easy way by saying 5 and hundred say it in the same tone because i notice in cricket 2005. Wen benaud goes 5/203 he says it in different tones but if we do it like that we will have smooth commentary and shorter lines to say
I agree about that, benaud sounds horrible saying the numbers. It's all about where you put emphisis
I would just like to know. Paul when should I and the others start working on commentary?
I was told 3-4 months, so I think that time should be spent gathering the lines (So feel free to post as many as you want)

Brett_Lee

International Coach
whitehornmatt said:
I would make random pairs, and each commentator would have generic lines they can say to all of them and some specific to each pair, so you get about 9 different pairs of commentators, so having a few lines only for those pairs means you won't hear the exact same thing so many times.
And after a set period (about an hour or 10 overs) they would change over so you don't get sick of them.
And you would have a commentator who takes up the role of the host, doing all the stuff like welcoming you to the days play, crossing to the pitch report, saying the scores at the intervals, that sort of stuff

I agree about that, benaud sounds horrible saying the numbers. It's all about where you put emphisis

I was told 3-4 months, so I think that time should be spent gathering the lines (So feel free to post as many as you want)
Well said mate :D

tassietiger

International Cricketer
My name is Gauran Zihoindgnnounwo-jopjpahidjnknuybzknnoinlxkcvblkerdgxjhs

Pronounciation is a bit tricky, it sounds like goo-ran as opposed to gore-an.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
tassietiger said:
My name is Gauran Zihoindgnnounwo-jopjpahidjnknuybzknnoinlxkcvblkerdgxjhs

Pronounciation is a bit tricky, it sounds like goo-ran as opposed to gore-an.
Well everyone, I am going to reherse all of the names posted up in this thread tonight so expect a compilation of all to be available to download the next day. ;)
That also goes for you tassietiger. :D

tassietiger

International Cricketer
duffarama said:
Well everyone, I am going to reherse all of the names posted up in this thread tonight so expect a compilation of all to be available to download the next day. ;)
That also goes for you tassietiger. :D
I'm looking forward to this! Gauran is a real tongue-twister (my surname's a bit easy)

Wildwil

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
whitehornmatt said:

Are you an expert or something?

Dhoni

School Cricketer
iLikeMad_People said:
Make Aishwarya Rai
Lolz.....Hahahaha Dude, she's a Bollywood actress. Why would you want her name?

Users who are viewing this thread