Team Philosophy

Tuhob

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm interested in people's philosophy in terms of making your team. ie whether you have tried to build an all-round team or whether you have tried to develop a few superstars first. Personally, I have gone down the path of developing an all-round team and have then tried to gradually improve the standard of my players.

One one to look at this is to compare the skill level of your best bat and your 6th best bat and your best bowler and your 5th best bowler.

For myself:

Best bat: Sensational
6th best bat: Superb

Best bowler: Exceptional
5th best bowler: Quality

How does everyone else compare?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
At first it was pretty all-round, then I got a superstar which helped me to do better than I should have for a short time but obviously due to the heavy reliance on one player it couldn't stay that way. So since then I've been trying to keep up the general standard of my team but still try to have one or two stand out players.

Best bat: Exceptional
6th best bat: Strong

Best bowler: Exquisite
5th best bowler: Superb

Looking to get another bowler in again 5th best would have been quality but I sold him off hoping to find someone better.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I have a very rounded/deep batting line up.

My bowling is a little less so, but have 4 who are of a similar standard (one of those stands out a bit, primary wise, but not that much)

I'd like to have one superstar big-game-winning bowler, phenomenal-elite standard, but it will be a while before that player comes.

Highlander999

ICC President
I made too many nooby mistakes in my first season, and tried to recover by building an all-round team. Recently I have been training a few guys who will be very good in a few seasons and with me saving I am hoping I can buy one class batsman and bowler.

Best Bat: Quality
6th best Bat: Proficient

Best Bowler: Quality
5th Best Bowler: Proficient

Users who are viewing this thread