Teenagers saving up??

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I have a few friends who work right now and save up A LOT! Saying they are saving up for the future...I on the other hand think that being a teenager...we shouldn't be worrying about the future in terms of money. Worrying about studies and have a good job for the future is fine, but worrying about having enough money in the future already??

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I don't have an official 'job', but I do tutor at times for a nominal fee of about $4.50/hour. The bulk of my 'income' is from birthdays and such :p.

I'm not allowed to spend any of my money. It goes straight into the bank account and gets locked up. All going towards college...way too expensive these days. My parents have been kind enough to pay for everyday stuff like gas for the car, clothes, etc...in moderation of course.

Highlander999

ICC President
I'm not allowed to spend any of my money. It goes straight into the bank account and gets locked up.

Are you in prison by any chance? :p

I'm not one for saving too much, but I keep enough in my bank account so that I can avoid using my overdraft. Trying to keep myself as debt free as I can for when I leave uni.

P

pcfan123

Sounds horrible now but he will thank his parents for it in a few years. As long as they give him some spending allowance, kids don't need money, they are either going to waste it or spend it on booze/drugs

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ :mad: thats not all we do! date, girls, games, cell phone bill, gas (half), every day stuff. i pay for those. those are important!! i spend 75% of my money.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I used to save a lot of money as a kid. And I still save it. Saving money has a lot of premiums. :)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Going out kills any attempt at saving money, at least for me. Used to go out 3-4 times a week after high school and spend all the money I would earn in a full week of work. Now I almost stopped going out to clubs.

Saving money is good. I consider $1000 to be zero. If I ever go below that I am screwed.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
ya ^ you step 1 foot outside of your door, a check of $25 comes out

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
ya ^ you step 1 foot outside of your door, a check of $25 comes out

Well even now going out to a club will usually end up costing me about $150/night and its impossible to save money like that.

I go back home every 2 years for the summer so I would rather have no life here for 21 months just to have 3 months of old life back home so I need to save the money as much as I can.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I fail at this. I'be probably spent 100+ on food in the last year :noway

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
100 bux on food in a year ain't a lot. My mate spends all his money on trading cards.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
It's certaintly a good habit to get into from a young age. My parents are always nagging me to save when I earn the odd ?20 or ?40. I do end up spending it useless stuff on most occasions, but I really should save it. I think you'll feel more secure with yourself if you can save, even if you're not financially in trouble.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Who's to say when the future is? When I was 16, I saved up and when I was 17 I had enough money in the bank to buy stuff like a laptop etc.

I saved up because I had nothing better to spend it on, and as a result, I've bought some of my guitars purely because I had it in the bank and saw one I liked.

Makes me wish I'd done more to find a job at uni!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I save all my money, mainly because I'm a lazy bastard and don't have a job. That leaves EMA and Birthdays/Christmas with my only income. I usually just spend it on holidays when they come around or something useful, like I did last Christmas when I bought a laptop. Annoying thing is I desperately need clothes but hate shopping and refuse to spend even the smallest of prices.

Users who are viewing this thread