Texas pilot air attack on US tax office

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
story.joseph.stack.ko.jpg

The pilot of a plane which crashed into an office block in Austin, Texas left a note expressing his anger at federal tax authorities, police say.
Police are linking the apparent suicide note left online to Joseph Andrew Stack, the man named as the pilot.
The note criticised the Internal Revenue Service - based inside the office block and declared: "Violence is the only answer".
Firefighters continue to search for one person who is still unaccounted for.
'Leaping flames'
The single-engined Piper Cherokee airplane hit the second floor of the seven-storey building at 0956 local time (1556GMT).
It had taken off from nearby Georgetown airport in Texas, and did not file a flight plan, Lynn Lunsford of the Federal Aviation Administration said.

Authorities said Andrew Joseph Stack III, 53, an Austin resident with an apparent grudge against the Internal Revenue Service, set his house on fire Thursday and then crashed a Piper Cherokee PA-28 into the building, which houses an IRS office with nearly 200 employees, federal officials said.Authorities said Andrew Joseph Stack III, 53, an Austin resident with an apparent grudge against the Internal Revenue Service, set his house on fire Thursday and then crashed a Piper Cherokee PA-28 into the building, which houses an IRS office with nearly 200 employees, federal officials said.

BBC News - Texas pilot air attack on US tax office

Remains of 2 found after Austin plane crash - CNN.com

First his house then the crash.

P

pcfan123

We were talking about this in the random thread. What a loon, less than 2 miles from my house too

P

pcfan123

Yea probably only in America this one. IRS wanted to seize his house so he burns it down, and flys his airplane into their offices.

Probably a shitty made for TV movie coming soon.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Yea probably only in America this one. IRS wanted to seize his house so he burns it down, and flys his airplane into their offices.

Probably a shitty made for TV movie coming soon.

You gotta wonder why they wanted to seize his house. I mean, that's pretty serious by the IRS, and would not have just been a simple typing error on their part. It's obvious that he didn't want to take any responsibility in how he came to be in the financial situation he created. One of those guys who always says that it's someone else's fault :facepalm

P

pcfan123

Well apparently he was a member of a group that thinks taxes are unconstitutional and he refused to pay taxes for years. After they caught him they started to audit him every year, and it just drove him up the wall.

I don't feel bad for the guy, after all he did own a tweaking airplane. Its not like he was poor.

Here is a tip ███████, next time you are in financial trouble, sell your tweaking airplane.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, hard to find sympathy for a guy who owns a plane and a $350K house. I could see the smoke from work. I was at work when this happened!

Auwais

International Coach
Hilarious how it was reported as being a possible terrorist attack over here until they found out he was American.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is he connected to the Waco guys? They all use Jefferson's Tree of Liberty quote as a justification for not paying taxes.

P

pcfan123

No connection from what I have gathered and there probably isnt one. There are many groups here that are against taxes, even Wesley Snipes is in jail for not paying taxes!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've been reading Schama's new book when I was on holiday (The American Future) and was reminded just how much American's moan about taxes!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wow
He didn't wanted to pay his taxes so he flew his airplane into their buliding lol.
Just pay your taxes...we all do.
Well the best thing is that not many people died

Thank god he wasn't a muslim or else it would have been a bigger problem.

themuel1

International Coach
Wow
He didn't wanted to pay his taxes so he flew his airplane into their buliding lol.
Just pay your taxes...we all do.
Well the best thing is that not many people died

Thank god he wasn't a muslim or else it would have been a bigger problem.

Clearly taxes weren't his only problem. He was obviously disturbed and belonged in a room of padded walls and frequent sedations.

Users who are viewing this thread