Online Cricket Games Owned
What the devil is going on

:banana2

This smiley is sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Add On : Sir Frank Worrell - One of the Greatest Test Captain of all time

I inadvertently omitted Sir Frank Worrell - One of the Greatest test Captain of all time from my 10 Greatest Captain of all time a fact acknowledged by the Great Richie Benaud.

The inclusion of Sir Frank Worrell in a Selection of 10 Greatest Captains of all time is an Absolute necessity as reasoned below:

Sir Frank Worrell is one of three geniuses that formed the formidable 3 W?S of the past.

He was the first colored cricketer to lead a West Indies team.

When appointed as a captain he took charge and in his own inimitable ways resolved the long standing cliques and rivalries that plagued the players of various islands and transformed them into a invincible bunch which in a space of five years became a force to reckon with.

During West Indies tour of Australia in 1960 - 61, Half a million Australians cheered them on the streets of Melbourne to pay tribute to them for their fine performance .

Sir Frank Worrell?s Captaincy record speaks for itself:

Matches as Captain : 15 ( Won : 9., Lost 3, Drawn : 3, % Win :60%).

Cheers!

robin2855 added 11 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

What the devil is going on

:banana2

This smiley is sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Welcome back mate!

Answer to your Query

As a Host of this thread I have to maintain a set standard in conjuction with Forum rules otherwise thread value is downgraded or loses its credibility.

Also I personally like readers whose Head Rules the Heart and not the other way.

I am fortunate that you belong to the group Head Rules the Heart .

In all fairness I acknowledge the fact that your posts so far has been very impressive.

Keep up doing the good work.

Thanks for your query and Cheers!

piriyanth

International Cricketer
It's not in proper order.

1) Steve Waugh
2) Don Bradman
3) Sourav Ganguly
4) Brian Lara
5) Graeme Smith

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
  1. Imran Khan
  2. Stephen Fleming
  3. Hansie Cronje
  4. Mike Brearley
  5. Saurav Ganguly

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Anil Kumble should be there, i don't know his record as a captain how many he won,lost etc,but definitely he was a good captain,a good motivator,and he inspires his team mates,a true gentleman

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Welcome Shoaib87!

1. Imran Khan
  2. Stephen Fleming
  3. Hansie Cronje
  4. Mike Brearley
  5. Saurav Ganguly

Welcome Mate! Technically your mini list looks solid.

But realistically we cannot include Hansie Cronje beause of his match fixing connections.Hence I suggest do a little bit of Research and I am sure you would come up with a suitable replacement.

Cheers!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Wecome mate! Awesome Selection! I am glad that you took the time to research and consider Captains from both Past and Present Era as your selection reflects.

Itis nice to see Hansie Cronje in your selection. A Very Capable skipper of South Africa who lead from the front. A strict disciplinarian on the field he commanded full respect of all team members.

I am not too sure about the last one Douglas Jardine. I do know he was the one who applied Bodyline tactics to stop Bradman from scoring lots of runs and which paid off. But here we are talking about Douglas Jardine in terms of his Captaincy skills and record.

Can you throw some light on Douglas Jardine's Captaincy Heroics(LOL!)?

Thanks for your valuable inputs and Cheers!

well, he went to australia and won 4-1 against one of the greatest sides ever, that's pretty good.

I do rate Jardine as a captain. his ability to foster what's now called in sport "siege mentality" in the england side as well as the fact he was prepared to take the brunt of an entire nation on the chin for his team is to be greatly admired. He didn't play particularly well, but his scores got better and he moved himself to open, to face the new ball. This is despite the fact that he may have been targeted and was recieving loads of negative press.

Now, bodyline was nothing to proud of as a tactic (though, at the risk of starting a war I feel it was made into far too much a big deal, it did not persist throughout the entire series and the windies would later be lauded for agressive bowling)

but as far as taking absolute reponsibility for your team and the result I don't think anyones can compare. He put himself in the firing line, and stared down anyone taking shots. I really don't think there's been many captains that can claim to have the sheer balls Jardine had.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Welcome piriyanth!

It's not in proper order.

1) Steve Waugh
2) Don Bradman
3) Sourav Ganguly
4) Brian Lara
5) Graeme Smith

Welcome mate! Barring Brian lara you have a great selection.

Lara as a Batsman is a genius by all means and has a phenomenal record.

However he cannot be considered amongst the Greatest Captain as he has indeed a very poor record as a captain as provided below:

Brian Lara

Played as captain 47 (Won :10, Lost 26, Drawn 11, % Won : 21%)

Their has also been feelings vented by some of his compatriots while he was a Captain that he played more for his records than for the team.

So I suggest if you do a little bit of researching I am sure you will get a good one that you will be able to replace Lara with and your Selection will be awesome.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Welcome mate! Barring Brian lara you have a great selection.

Lara as a Batsman is a genius by all means and has a phenomenal record.

However he cannot be considered amongst the Greatest Captain as he has indeed a very poor record as a captain as provided below:

Brian Lara

Played as captain 47 (Won :10, Lost 26, Drawn 11, % Won : 21%)

Their has also been feelings vented by some of his compatriots while he was a Captain that he played more for his records than for the team.

So I suggest if you do a little bit of researching I am sure you will get a good one that you will be able to replace Lara with and your Selection will be awesome.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

WTF :rolleyes:

It's his opinion buddy.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Every thread this guy makes if anyone makes a "Poor" decision he tells them to try and make another one. Isn't that odd, i'm just getting sick of them to be honest. This is a forum and everyone will have different opinions.

robin2855

Club Cricketer
Points to Ponder!

Every thread this guy makes if anyone makes a "Poor" decision he tells them to try and make another one. Isn't that odd, i'm just getting sick of them to be honest. This is a forum and everyone will have different opinions.

The thread is about assessment of the Greatest.I f their is any wrong or faulty assessment or room for Improvement it certainly needs to be pointed out otherwise it is never corrected and the person will continue to have his notion as correct for the rest of his life which will do him no good. Will it?

I never mind if people disagree with me on certain selections. I acknowledge that and come up with reasons to defend or change it or make it better. It is Head that should Rule the Heart and not the other way and that is what separates a Quality Reader from a Mediocre.

BTW When I make an assessment I acknowledge the Postives of the Person's post . You have missed the positive sides that I always mention. Only if one or two selections that does not conform to definition or criteria I have set do I point out to research further and make it better.

It is not intended to put him down. It is meant to remind him where he went wrong and what is necessary to make it better.

I believe everything from a Positive angle beause if you do not have a PMA ( Postive Mental attitude) you get hindered in progressing in your life

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The thread is about assessment of the Greatest.I f their is any wrong or faulty assessment or room for Improvement it certainly needs to be pointed out otherwise it is never corrected and the person will continue to have his notion as correct for the rest of his life which will do him no good. Will it?

I never mind if people disagree with me on certain selections. I acknowledge that and come up with reasons to defend or change it or make it better. It is Head that should Rule the Heart and not the other way and that is what separates a Quality Reader from a Mediocre.

BTW When I make an assessment I acknowledge the Postives of the Person's post . You have missed the positive sides that I always mention. Only if one or two selections that does not conform to definition or criteria I have set do I point out to research further and make it better.

It is not intended to put him down. It is meant to remind him where he went wrong and what is necessary to make it better.

I believe everything from a Positive angle beause if you do not have a PMA ( Postive Mental attitude) you get hindered in progressing in your life

Hope this helps.

Cheers![/QUOTE

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'll have a serious attempt:

Sir Frank Worrell
Douglas Jardine
Mike Brearley
Sir Don Bradman
Ian Chappell
Imran Khan