Draft: The A Team

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So I've made a decision here - I'm prioritising my fast bowling stocks.

My first pick is :saf: :bwl: Neil Adcock; the first great South African fast bowler, Adcock took 104 wickets @ 21.10 in 26 Test matches across one of the most batter friendly eras in Test history, and took a stonking 301 wickets @ 15.92 across his remaining 73 first-class matches. I took a gamble leaving him this late in the draft, and it's really paid off.

My second pick is :aus: :bwl: Terry Alderman; he was on the trajectory towards all-time greatness before he injured himself tackling a pitch invader in 1982: he'd just taken 52 Test wickets @ 22.62 apiece in his first year in the format, and had squeezed in one of the all-time great Sheffield Shield campaigns in the 1981-82 season, when he took his wickets at a ridiculous 7.45 apiece in the Shield games he found time for between Tests. Later in his career, he so dominated England in 1989 that English batters - most famously Graham Gooch - were actively trying to get left out of the team so they wouldn't have to bat against him.

Oh also neither of them can bat, so Jimmy Anderson is now triumphantly promoted to number nine in the order! What a time to be alive.

5. :wi: :wkb: Jimmy Adams
9. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson
10. :aus: :bwl: Terry Alderman
11. :saf: :bwl: Neil Adcock

@Aravind.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Later in his career, he so dominated England in 1989 that English batters - most famously Graham Gooch - were actively trying to get left out of the team so they wouldn't have to bat against him.
Apparently Gooch set his voicemail to something to the effect of "I'm out at the moment, LBW Alderman"

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Waiting for one of the best since Bradman to get pick ;)

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
:pak: Abid Ali

1) :pak: :bat: Azhar Ali
2) :pak: :bat: Abid Ali
10) :pak: :bwl: Shaheen Afridi
11) :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

@ddrap14 your up

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Dennis Amiss to open my batting.

1. Dennis Amiss
3. Hashim Amla
7. Les Ames
10. Mushtaq Ahmed

@Verified Enigma

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Mayank Agarwal is a very handy opener with the multitasking ability to anchor as well as pace up the run scoring as per the situation. Already had two double hundreds and fields like a pro.

1677913788567.png
  1. :ind: :bat: Mayank Agarwal
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. :aus: :ar: Warwick Armstrong
  7. :pak: :wkb: Sarfaraz Ahmed
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. :wi: :bwl: Curtly Ambrose
@pillowprocter again

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
So I've made a decision here - I'm prioritising my fast bowling stocks.

My first pick is :saf: :bwl: Neil Adcock; the first great South African fast bowler, Adcock took 104 wickets @ 21.10 in 26 Test matches across one of the most batter friendly eras in Test history, and took a stonking 301 wickets @ 15.92 across his remaining 73 first-class matches. I took a gamble leaving him this late in the draft, and it's really paid off.

My second pick is :aus: :bwl: Terry Alderman; he was on the trajectory towards all-time greatness before he injured himself tackling a pitch invader in 1982: he'd just taken 52 Test wickets @ 22.62 apiece in his first year in the format, and had squeezed in one of the all-time great Sheffield Shield campaigns in the 1981-82 season, when he took his wickets at a ridiculous 7.45 apiece in the Shield games he found time for between Tests. Later in his career, he so dominated England in 1989 that English batters - most famously Graham Gooch - were actively trying to get left out of the team so they wouldn't have to bat against him.

Oh also neither of them can bat, so Jimmy Anderson is now triumphantly promoted to number nine in the order! What a time to be alive.

5. :wi: :wkb: Jimmy Adams
9. :eng: :bwl: Jimmy Anderson
10. :aus: :bwl: Terry Alderman
11. :saf: :bwl: Neil Adcock

@Aravind.
Anderson and Alderman in the same team! McGrath would have been very interested in this team. The swing machines.

Users who are viewing this thread