The forgotten...

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Ooh, good one. Saha was definitely a good keeper who deserved better than his 30-odd Tests. But he was always seen as a stand-in for Dhoni, which is an unfair comparison.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
51hizISQ%2BiL._SL1000_.jpg

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I do not think Umar Gul gets talked about as much as others of his era do. Like seriously, man was a T20 death-bowling expert before death-bowling was even a thing. It's his recent retirement that's made me go back and watch a few of his more famous spells. Dude was untouchable at that time.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I know I'm not crazy. There was a new member here and they posted in this thread about cricket and baseball. That message isn't here anymore (mods, damn you) Where is that member? Can anyone send him/her to me? Explanation about the delete? Troll or no? If no, then damn you. If yes, then yay? I guess?

To keep this thread going along its merry way, I want to give a shout out to Lionel Baker.

The Island of Montserrat was devastated when the previously dormant volcano La Soufriere erupted in the mid-90s. The island was all but devastated. To have a Test player from that country was seen as a highlight for those few residents who were even able to stay.

Things were so bad that they actually filmed survival shows there, in a post-apocalyptic or post-disaster wasteland.

He was less than average at best, but the fact that he rose to overcome his entire island almost being destroyed, it's something.

west-indies-paceman-lionel-baker-celebrates-his-first-wicket-in-picture-id83662576

url

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
That message isn't here anymore (mods, damn you) Where is that member? Can anyone send him/her to me? Explanation about the delete?
I tidied that post into "General Cricket Discussion" because it seemed off-topic in here. Here's the post:

I cant understand the difference between cricket and baseball...

Users who are viewing this thread