The greatest country in the world?

Do you live in the greatest country in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I choose the strange option because I think it's cool to do so

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
-Cold
-No good beaches
-Crap at sport
-Crap beer
-Is run by a woman...

And UK is the greatest country in the world:p
You obviously haven't een to Blackpool and had a ride on a donkey :p
best supporters though
yeh well we're close to Ireland
The queen rules you too bitch. Anyway she has no power she's just a tourist attraction :p
girls here aren't bad they just don't walk around in bikinis all day too

Anyway when we win the world cup in 2010 the country will be brilliant. If we ever did though you would see nothin like it, country would go into meltdown :D

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Hahaha, ive been to Blackpool. It was, erm.... nice;) I remember a ferris wheel for some reason, that still there?:p

Sureshot

Executive member
Ok I sort of disagree with you but if I'm picking up subtle hints I would guess your left wing (Not that it has anything to do with how I feel about you)

Firstly if we have low crime rates why is it now that schools are implementing metal detectors due to the rising numbers of knife attacks in schools? Why is it more and more people feel less safe to walk the streets at night? Why is it that we are turning into a country where people have no respect to each other and feel free to verbally and physically assault others? Why is it with new 24 hour drinking laws there are more drink fuelled crimes happening? Why is it the level of drug use is increasing meaning more petty crimes are happening as addicts try and support their addiciton?

Secondly the NHS. Firstly a question for you have you used the NHS recently? Undoubtedly in a serious incident where your life is at stake then yes the NHS is the best in the world. However with operations like hip replacements and other non-life threatning things like this the NHS is rubbish. The standards are abysmall. My grandmother was admitted with alzemeirs (sp) after breaking her hip as well and it so bad where she was in the hospital that we had to clean her little area for her, bring her food which could be eaten (not the gruel she was given) and had to help her go to the toliet as the nurses didn't even empty her bed pan. There is also the cleanliness factor of the NHS, why is MRSA rife in our hospitals. The NHS is in crisis at the moment and this is a widely known fact.

Greatest contry in the world. Not a hope in hell. There are many other problems but the list would be too long

Schools in bad parts of London are implementing metal detectors. Your normal school won't change. People feel less safe to walk the streets because the media reports far more crimes and the British public get hysterical. Don't generalise everyone into the same boat Tom (is it?), just because some people attack each other doesn't mean everyone will. There are more drink fuelled crimes because the nation drinks too much, far too much. Drugs? Well I'd ban them all, but there are operations in place to help drug users that other countries don't have or that is as readily available.

NHS. I have used the NHS recently, I had a form of hepatitis and spent several visits up at Kings College hospital. I don't know much about MRSA, however I will ask someone who does and will get back, of what he said last time (in brief) 1 in 4 people carry MRSA. I'll get more later. The nurses should empty her bed pan, did you make a complaint? Hospital food is poor, mainly due to a lack of budget for that area, however, I've seen schemes in place to make this change. Also note that when people are ill the tastebuds and body don't really want to eat given it's fighting x disease/virus, so food won't taste right. The NHS can be improved, but it's not in crisis by any stretch. When people can't get emergency treatment, when there aren't enough doctors to perform emergency medical procedures then it's in crisis. We have no more problems than other countries have. I wouldn't live anywhere else, mainly because I won't believe the media hysteria that joe public likes to believe.

---

Yes, Iraq was neccessary . Weapons of mass destruction . Had nothing to do with USA wanting their oil and Blair being Bush's lap-dpg

People still believe that oil is behind the invasion? :D Which is why the revenue from the oil in Iraq is going to the ..A..Iraqi people. I wouldn't have gone to Iraq, I don't think we should've gone. But what's done is done and we should focus on the positives of freeing the Iraqi people and destroying a dictator.

-Cold
-No good beaches
-Crap at sport
-Crap beer
-Is run by a woman...

No good beaches? Not everywhere is shingle Hooper :D Much of the south coast has 'real' beaches. Run by a woman? Well for a fact that isn't so, the Queen has no intervention in the running of the country, even if she did that's a very sexist comment. Crap beer? You're basing that on brand beer as opposed to country pub beer.

As for saying our women our crap, we don't call ours by blokes names! :D Oh and good point on the Queen, Lee.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
-Cold
-No good beaches
-Crap at sport
-Crap beer
-Is run by a woman...

The UK, more specifically England, has some excellent beaches - the Cornish coast is something to behold. Although we are poor as a nation at sport, we are hosts of without a doubt the best football league in the world, I can't comment on beer, and...

Gordon Brown, for everything he is, is not a woman! And if you are talking about the Queen - she does very little and is also the ruler of Australia.

Highlander999

ICC President
Scotland has some brilliant beaches, Colin can back me up on this that at Gullane it is beautiful. Just don't go in the water. You might freeze ;)

@Sureshot. Sorry to hear you were in hospital. Yes we did complain and the food was horrible, I saw it, I wouldn't be surprised if maggots were in it. The NHS as I said is brilliant for emergencies but for small problems or more specifically non life threatning one's I know in my area it is very poor. Also we do have a shortage of doctors which is why there are all these Indian doctors over here now (who do an excellent job I must say) but even they are not enough now.

As to your first point I was just voicing the view of people who I know, I can't really speak for other areas, maybe it is more of a local issue but I saw these same issues arising in the media (who do scaremonger).

Britain is a very good country but I think it is in a pretty average condition at the moment and not meeting it's full potential (I don't think you can argue with that last point)

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Wales also has some very good beaches. Especially on the (well only really) on the West Coast in Pemrokeshire and Ceredigion. Although I doubt I have anyone to back me up on this one, so, oh well.
Anyhow, the UK is an alright country as a whole. Although I think Australia is better ;)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
-Crap beer

Too far!!!!!!

It's your beer that's rubbish, not ours. For god's sake you cant even get your names right. Melbourne Bitter & Victoria Bitter! They are Lagers not a Bitters!

Highlander999

ICC President
Nothing beats a pint of Flowers. Had my first one recently. I don't usually like beer more of a lager fan, but that was damn good.

PhilD123

International Coach
-No good beaches
You obviously haven't seen Blackpool:p

I don't know which is the best country and I don't think there is anyway of knowing, as different countries have different features, if you like.

Manchester >> Anywhere else:p. The 2 Old Trafford's, plenty of variable:p weather.

Sureshot

Executive member
Scotland has some brilliant beaches, Colin can back me up on this that at Gullane it is beautiful. Just don't go in the water. You might freeze ;)

@Sureshot. Sorry to hear you were in hospital. Yes we did complain and the food was horrible, I saw it, I wouldn't be surprised if maggots were in it. The NHS as I said is brilliant for emergencies but for small problems or more specifically non life threatning one's I know in my area it is very poor. Also we do have a shortage of doctors which is why there are all these Indian doctors over here now (who do an excellent job I must say) but even they are not enough now.

As to your first point I was just voicing the view of people who I know, I can't really speak for other areas, maybe it is more of a local issue but I saw these same issues arising in the media (who do scaremonger).

Britain is a very good country but I think it is in a pretty average condition at the moment and not meeting it's full potential (I don't think you can argue with that last point)

No, but then no country reaches its full potential and never will, because most politicians are inept. I think there are improvements in the UK, but they are improvements as opposed to something that is absolutely vital and stops the country functioning. Look at Zimbabwe and Sudan for example, they are countries in crisis. You see all those polls and all these league tables about us being at the bottom of. Anyone who suggests that raising a child in Poland is better than the UK is stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread