Draft: The Panesar Draft

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And you've just given everyone the keys to the locker, including ones like me unaware of it. :spy
I guess it depends on your approach though - I'm currently only planning to pick up two non-Test players. That may well change as the draft progresses and certain players become unavailable of course; in my view, there isn't another player even close to eligible who offers what Frank Tarrant does though, which is why he was my first pick.

Another bold strategy might be to look at pre-Test players, although trying to interpret their stats can be a little bit fuzzy.

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Aislabie will you please respond to our convo, whenever you find time to?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not that I have any chance of getting everyone I want, but so far only Shepherd and Tarrant weren’t on my immediate list I thought of, and arguably they both should have been!!!

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My team's first pick will be:
manoj-tiwari.jpg

Manoj Tiwari
An average of 50.36 in First Class cricket, has 27 Hundreds and 37 half-centuries to his name; still he is to make his in International Test Cricket. He was selected for the ODI squad to Bangladesh in 2007, but he injured himself during the net practice and couldn't make his debut. Then he eventually made his debut against Australia on 3 February, 2008. But he failed to get into double digits against Australia's Bowling Lineup. For three years, he didn't make it into India's fifteens. Then he replaced Yuvraj Singh in West Indies 2011 Tour; played the 4th and the 5th match; then again against England he got to play only the fifth and the last ODI. Then in West Indies tour (in November- December) he proved his mettle and scored his first unbeaten hundred in ODI. Again he was selected for The tour to Sri Lanka, where he took 4 wickets.

After that match, he was benched for 14 successive matches.

Now a days, he is nowhere in the Indian cricket team's current scenario.

He has scored 5 Double Centuries and 1 Triple in First Class Cricket.

"This is for the ones who don't like me or my batting. Hope they won't tell me to be dropped again. There were also talks that I would be removed from captaincy and the team. I have nothing to say," Tiwary said. He said the uncertainty pumped him up. "Been honestly playing for 14-15 years. Took it as a challenge. Certainly there was pressure. So it felt sweeter," said Tiwary. "I am also a human being. Family and friends were also disturbed," he added.

- Manoj Tiwari, right after scoring his fifth double century against Madhya Pradesh in 2018-19 Ranji Trophy.​
90ifEtl.png

Test Caps: 0/50

Last edited:

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And I'm really very sorry that I posted so late...

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Correction out there,
Manoj Tiwary last played for India in July 2015 in Zimbabwe under Ajinkya Rahane but never played Test Cricket.

Edited! Thanks!

Bevab

Staff Member
Have no idea why Tiwary barely got a chance to establish himself in the national side. He was one of the best middle order players we had and could have played a huge part in helping those middle order issues.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'll go with Garth le Roux, another South African cricketer victim of apartheid, and a very good fast bowling all-rounder. In 239 FC matches, he had a batting average of 25 and and a bowling average of 21, having taken 838 wickets. His fantastic performances in World Series Cricket show how good he would’ve been at international level.

CerealKiller’s XI
6. :pak: :ar: Wasim Haider
7. :saf: :ar: Garth le Roux
8. :pak: :wk: Sanaullah Khan
9. :eng: :bwl: Jack Blaterwick
10. :zim: :bwl: Pommie Mbangwa
11. :ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

Caps : 0
@Na Maloom Afraad

Users who are viewing this thread