57. @Na Maloom Afraad
Another 17 picks... :facepalm

ezgif-2-f567c9b0f39c.gif

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Faulkner was on my shortlist but blowing half of my budget on him seemed a bit too risky at the very start. A formidable player indeed.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'll pick Duleepsinhji, who averaged 58 in 12 Tests, in a career cut short by illness. If he was healthy, he could’ve been a much more renowned player.

CerealKiller’s XI
1. :ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh UD
3. :eng: :bat: K.S Duleepsinhji (12)
5. :aus: :bat: Stuart Law (1)
6. :pak: :ar: Wasim Haider UD
7. :saf: :ar: Garth le Roux (0)
8. :pak: :wk: Sanaullah Khan UD
9. :eng: :bwl: Jack Blaterwick UD
10. :aus: :bwl: Bill O'Reilly (27)
11. :zim: :bwl: Pommie Mbangwa UD

Caps : 40/50

@deleted member

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Faulkner was on my shortlist but blowing half of my budget on him seemed a bit too risky at the very start. A formidable player indeed.
Me too. Also Ranjitsinhji was on my list as well.

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really thought about it a lot, First I didn't want to include him because of his mentions in other threads, But yet I would go with him:

My next pick is:
"Charles Jesse Kortright, the old Essex cricketer and probably the fastest bowler in the history of the game, died at his Brentwood home on December 12, 1952 aged 81. He played county cricket from 1889 to 1907 and was contemporary with such other noted fast bowlers as Knox and Richardson of Surrey and Brearley and Mold of Lancashire. Kortright who also played for Free Foresters never appeared in a Test Match, but he accomplished many fine feats and William Gunn, the famous Nottinghamshire batsman, said after Kortright had bowled him in a Gentlemen v. Players match at Lord's that the ball which beat him was a yard faster than any he had ever played against. The late Sir Stanley Jackson in an article in the 1944 edition of Wisden on The Best Fast Bowler wrote, "Kortright was generally regarded as the fastest bowler of his time in this country. Not only was he a very fast bowler, but also a very good one.""

- Wisden Obituary​

IG7kYDQ.png
Test Caps Used: 0/50
[DOUBLEPOST=1587831725][/DOUBLEPOST]Up Next: @Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
AP19346402575961-770x433.jpeg

My pick is... :aus: :bat: Marnus Labuschagne

Test stats
: 1,459 runs @ 63.43 (4 centuries, best 215) and 12 wickets @ 38.66 (best 3/45) in 14 matches
First-class stats: 5,524 runs @ 43.15 (13 centuries, best 215) and 58 wickets @ 42.75 (best 3/45) in 76 matches

Marnus Labuschagne's first selection for the Australian Test side seemed baffling - the selectors and coaches extolled his work ethic and ability to learn, but the pundits and fans kept pointing at a first-class average in the mid-30s. They had a point, but so did the selectors: he worked hard to improve the rough edges of his game, and the breakthrough came on his first county stint when coach Matt Maynard fixed the alignment of his backlift so that his hands would stay closer to his body.

Since making that change, Labuschagne became 2019's highest Test run-scorer and spent most of his time making even the very best bowlers look bang-average. With Marnus at three and Smith at four, Australia look like a far stronger side than they were twelve months ago with neither. With a simple and well-aligned technique, there's every likelihood that Labuschagne will continue playing at at least the standard to which we have become accustomed. My sincere apologies to @blockerdave who was planning to pick Marnus if I didn't here.

@Aislabie 's XI so far:
2. :aus: :ar: Frank Tarrant (0 caps)
3. :wi: :bat: George Headley (22 caps)
4. :aus: :bat: Marnus Labuschagne (14 caps)
5. :ban: :bat: Sabbir Rahman (L)
6. :aus: :ar: Bill Alley (0 caps)
7. :can: :ar: George Codrington (L)
9. :sri: :bwl: Susantha Karunaratne (L)
10. :ban: :bwl: Alamgir Kabir (L)
11. :eng: :wk: Seymour Clark (L)

Cap count: 36/50

Next pick: @ahmedleo414

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Test stats
: 1,459 runs @ 63.43 (4 centuries, best 215) and 12 wickets @ 38.66 (best 3/45) in 14 matches
First-class stats: 5,524 runs @ 43.15 (13 centuries, best 215) and 58 wickets @ 42.75 (best 3/45) in 76 matches

Marnus Labuschagne's first selection for the Australian Test side seemed baffling - the selectors and coaches extolled his work ethic and ability to learn, but the pundits and fans kept pointing at a first-class average in the mid-30s. They had a point, but so did the selectors: he worked hard to improve the rough edges of his game, and the breakthrough came on his first county stint when coach Matt Maynard fixed the alignment of his backlift so that his hands would stay closer to his body.

Since making that change, Labuschagne became 2019's highest Test run-scorer and spent most of his time making even the very best bowlers look bang-average. With Marnus at three and Smith at four, Australia look like a far stronger side than they were twelve months ago with neither. With a simple and well-aligned technique, there's every likelihood that Labuschagne will continue playing at at least the standard to which we have become accustomed. My sincere apologies to @blockerdave who was planning to pick Marnus if I didn't here.

@Aislabie 's XI so far:

Next pick: @Yash.
Was definitely in my list of players.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada

Test stats

@Aislabie 's XI so far:

Next pick: @Yash.

hey @Aislabie , i think i have the next pick not @Yash. ... am i wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread