Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I checked Ajay Sharma's record, and he averaged 67 in 129 FC matches :eek: 4th best average for anyone with 50 innings minimum, and played only 1 Test!

There is a reason why people are still doubtful over Ranji Trophy's actual quality even now. Too many players have dominated the domestic scene but failed to translate that to the international stage.

My Father once mentioned him, and also about his scam.

Ajay Sharma was a good player - pretty talented. But in my opinion he lost his career to greed. Could have been better.

Shan Masood, too has quite an impressive Average, in List A. Had the opportunity to bat in 90 innings, has 12 hundreds and 24 half centuries to his name. "Inshallah" he may do better in International cricket, soon.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There is a reason why people are still doubtful over Ranji Trophy's actual quality even now. Too many players have dominated the domestic scene but failed to translate that to the international stage.
Well, right, but 1 Test is pretty harsh.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 1 (of 60)...

220px-Ranji_1897_page_199_A._N._Hornby.jpg

:eng: :bat: Monkey Hornby

Nominated by
: @Bevab

Test stats: 21 runs @ 3.50 (best 9) in 3 matches
First-class stats: 16,109 runs @ 24.07 (16 centuries, best 188) in 437 matches

On the one hand, this is your chance to get your hands on an England captain, not something I expected to be able to say in the Unlucky Dip. But on the other hand, well... he wasn't very good was he. Just look at that footwork and imagine him facing some proper fast bowling.

And the player goes to... @Nilay_60

His team so far:

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 2...

upload_2020-4-14_0-57-45.png
:ind: :ar: Sailung Zorinliana

Nominated by
: @blockerdave

First-class stats: 10 runs @ 1.25 (best 7) and 4 wickets @ 47.75 (best 2/52)

So we don't know much about the former Mizoram captain, besides the fact that he made his first-class debut at 43 years of age in the big Ranji Trophy expansion, and that his old man off-breaks were good enough to burgle a two-for one time - although granted, those wickets were tail-enders and he conceded 5.7 runs per over. The Mizoram State Cricket Association lists him as an all-rounder for some reason.

And the player goes to... @deleted member

His team so far:
:ind: :ar: Sailung Zorinliana

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 3...

19chopra.jpg

:ind: :bat: Aakash Chopra

Nominated by
: @deleted member

Test stats: 437 runs @ 23.00 (best 60) in 10 matches
First-class stats: 10,839 runs @ 45.35 (29 centuries, best 301*) in 162 matches

So when he opened the batting for India it wasn't pretty, but honestly given the sort of players who could have been selected for this draft, whoever gets Chopra has got a good deal here. The man has a first-class triple-century, something that I wouldn't get if I spent my entire lifetime playing in the Ranji Trophy - or any other cricket competition.

And the player goes to... @Nilay_60

His team so far:
:ind: :bat: Aakash Chopra

Not a terrible opening pair in all honesty.

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 4...

Raja_Maharaj_Singh.jpg

:ind: :bat: Raja Maharaj Singh

Nominated by
: @Aislabie and @CerealKiller

First-class stats: 4 runs @ 4.00 (best 4) in 1 match

Don't be fooled, this is a picture of Raja Maharaj Singh from his playing days. See, he was well into his 70s when he captained his Bombay Governor's XI against a Commonwealth XI that included both Frank Worrell and Jim Laker. He lost his wicket to the latter - was this Laker's easiest ever first-class wicket? - and was not seen again. Not the only player in this draft who managed to select themselves for a first-class debut, but absolutely the most idiotic.

And the player goes to... @CerealKiller

His team so far:

Phew, I've dodged a bullet there.

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 5...

upload_2020-4-14_1-12-28.png
:ken: :ar: Brijal Patel

Nominated by
: @Aislabie

First-class stats: 194 runs @ 7.46 (best 59) and 3 wickets @ 168.00 (best 1/47) in 17 matches

The strongest possible argument against Kenya getting Test status in the early 2000s was that they couldn't find a better top-order batsman than Brijal Patel. He was absolutely dreadful - that first-class average of 7.46 is hard-earned, as he passed double figures only six times in a 16-match career (I got CricketArchive to see me through the lockdown). By late 2004, he had abandoned batting and turned himself into a left-arm spinner, but he wasn't much better at that.

And the player goes to... @El Loco

His team so far:
:ken: :ar: Brijal Patel

Aislabie

Ireland
Unlucky Dip Player 6...

upload_2020-4-14_1-21-31.png
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider

Nominated by
: @DalePlaysCricket

First-class stats: 5,014 runs @ 30.76 (6 centuries, best 184) and 261 wickets @ 24.72 (9 5WI, best 6/46) in 132 matches

The PCB describes Wasim Haider as a "former Pakistan all-rounder, current national selector and World Cup winner", and unlike most PCB statements this one is completely accurate. He never played Test cricket, but looking at some pretty reasonable career stats from the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, I'd say that getting Wasim Haider from the Unlucky Dip is a net win.

And the player goes to... @CerealKiller

His team so far:
:pak: :ar: Wasim Haider

That is quite the dynamic duo.

Users who are viewing this thread