KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
So The Demons can invest a total of 25 K here right?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I think this is a tad unfair in that this should have been announced before the auction so that people would have been made aware that they shouldn't be spending all of their budget on players alone. It's very noticeable that those who have been involved in this league previously have made sure that they had money left over, while the new franchise owners have not.

S

Satan666

I think this is a tad unfair in that this should have been announced before the auction so that people would have been made aware that they shouldn't be spending all of their budget on players alone. It's very noticeable that those who have been involved in this league previously have made sure that they had money left over, while the new franchise owners have not.

Guess its a learning experience mate, this is why there should be a dedicated thread with guidelines and rules which govern this league. Leaves it open to corrupt practices.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll note that I didn't know when bidding that there would be a shop - I just got more players for reserve than I expected and got to 14 players earlier than I had planned. Missed out on a few people I wanted and had been saving for.

Anyway:

Sabit Alam - Intensive Training, Player Pool B-G to A - 14,000
Lameck Onyango - Intensive Training, Star Pool A to B - 20,000
Saroj Padhy - Intensive Training, Player Pool B-G to A - 14,000
Matt Whitehorn - Intensive Training, Player Pool A to Star Pool A - 18,000
Abhas Gupta - Basic Training, Player Pools B-G - 5,000
Franklin Jacob - Basic Training, Player Pools B-G - 5,000

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can vouch for the fact that the first mention of doing this was after the final auction round, so no one had any information that may have advantaged them

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I can vouch for the fact that the first mention of doing this was after the final auction round, so no one had any information that may have advantaged them

That's fair enough but things like this should be planned and announced at the start, it's not like it's the first time this event has been held. If you say that the budget is X amount, then it can only expect that people are going to spend pretty much all of it unless they know in advance that they should hold some back for other expenditures.

Anyway it doesn't affect me as I'm only a player but if I had been an owner I would be pretty miffed. I'm sure some players wouldn't have gone for the prices they did.

Something to consider for the future I guess.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Amigos:

Sunibir Das - Intensive Training, Player Pool B-G to A - 14,000
Navin Gandhi - Basic Training, Player Pools B-G - 5,000
Untouchables 666 - Basic Training, Player Pools B-G - 5,000

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I really dislike the whole shop thing, always have done irrespective of when it was announced or anything. I also had no idea what the shop even was until about two days ago.

If you're not happy about the shop - for whatever reason - fine. I get that. But if you keep throwing "corruption" at the people running the league, then they're not going to want to keep running it, are they?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Enough for all the under the table deals till mid season break.

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
I really dislike the whole shop thing, always have done irrespective of when it was announced or anything. I also had no idea what the shop even was until about two days ago.

If you're not happy about the shop - for whatever reason - fine. I get that. But if you keep throwing "corruption" at the people running the league, then they're not going to want to keep running it, are they?

I agree with Author.. Even though the left over money in the teams account owned by Staff's raise the eyebrows of few, I think we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are working hard to organize such a big league and we have to respect it, so lets all not throw allegations on them and act like Lodha panel. Lets all move on with the upgrade... :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread