4. :aus: :bat: Paul Reiffel
5. :ind: :bat: Ravindra Jadeja
6. :nzf: :bat: Sir Richard Hadlee
7. :pak: :wk: Hanif Mohammad
8. :aus: :bwl: Allan Border
9. :nzf: :bwl: Kane Williamson
10. :eng: :bwl: Paul Collingwood
11. :aus: :bwl: Bert Hopkins

:tick: Your middle order is absolutely stacked with talent - being able to get hold of someone with first-class triple-centuries and a Test average of 35 as a non-batsman is a steal.
:tick: Paul Strang is a particularly clever selection here, as is Bert Hopkins to bolster your bowling attack.
:x: The rest of your bowling attack does leave a bit to be desired though - the other three combine for 357 first-class wickets at 39.91 apiece.

- - -

@Aislabie
1. :ind: :bat: Syed Kirmani
2. :ind: :ar: Bapu Nadkarni
3. :aus: :bat: Jason Gillespie
4. :saf: :bat: Shaun Pollock
5. :wi: :bat: Jason Holder
6. :wi: :bat: Bernard Julien
7. :wi: :wk: Clyde Walcott
8. :sri: :bwl: Sanath Jayasuriya
9. :aus: :bwl: Shane Watson
10. :eng: :bwl: Stanley Jackson
11. :eng: :bwl: Brian Close

:tick: This is as good a bowling attack as I could have hoped for really - it's well balanced and my five guys have 2,860 first-class wickets at 24.32 apiece, which is absurd.
:tick: I stumbled across a couple of loopholes to make the most of both Syed Kirmani and Bapu Nadkarni.
:x: I probably didn't make the most of my early picks; Jayasuriya certainly isn't the strongest link in my team.

- - -

@CerealKiller
1. :pak: :bat: Wasim Bari
2. :nzf: :bat: Ian Smith
3. :eng: :bat: Chris Woakes
4. :sri: :bat: Chaminda Vaas
5. :aus: :bat: Mitchell Johnson
6. :aus: :bat: Mitchell Starc
7. :pak: :wk: Javed Miandad
8. :aus: :bwl: Steve Waugh
9. :pak: :bwl: Shahid Afridi
10. :saf: :bwl: Hansie Cronje
11. :ind: :bwl: Ravi Shastri

:tick: This team has an excellent spin attack - both Afridi and Shastri played as genuine Test-class spinners.
:tick: The keeper loophole has given you an able opening partnership in Bari and Smith.
:x: The trio of left-handers at four, five and six probably lacks someone with a really good technique like Woakes has.

- - -

@Na Maloom Afraad

1. :ind: :bat: Irfan Pathan
2. :afg: :bat: Rashid Khan
3. :ind: :bat: Ravichandran Ashwin
4. :wi: :bat: Andre Russell
5. :aus: :bat: Ashton Agar
6. :pak: :bat: Yasir Shah
7. :sri: :wk: Tillakaratne Dilshan
8. :sri: :bwl: Aravinda de Silva
9. :aus: :bwl: Steven Smith
10. :nz: :bwl: Colin Munro
11. :eng: :bwl: Jim Parks

:tick: At his best, Ravichandran Ashwin was a man who could hold down a place in the Indian top six and score Test centuries. That's a very valuable pick.
:tick: Against some questionable bowling, Andre Russell could prove exceptionally destructive.
:x: Steve Smith isn't a great spin option, but my biggest gripe is that you've picked the wrong Sri Lankan keeper given that Sangakkara was available.

- - -

@Yash.

1. :ind: :bat: Kiran More
2. :saf: :ar: Eric Dalton
3. :nzf: :bat: Daniel Vettori :c:
4. :ind: :bat: Anil Kumble
5. :eng: :bat: Ben Foakes
6. :eng: :bat: Adil Rashid
7. :saf: :wk: AB de Villiers
8. :nzf: :bwl: Nathan Astle
9. :eng: :bwl: George Brown
10. :eng: :bwl: Frank Woolley
11. :wi: :bwl: Carl Hooper

:tick: Finding a good quality all-rounder really does add an extra dimension to most of these teams; Eric Dalton is another example of that.
:tick: Using the keeper loophole to pick up Ben Foakes right at the very end was a huge steal; that's someone who's been talked about as a possible Test number three.
:x: I think we all have a couple of weak links in our teams, and here I'd say they are Rashid and Astle; not that they're bad, but they're not exactly going to turn a game around.

Users who are viewing this thread