Profile Flag
India

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hope it's Maharaj. He spins it away from the right hander and he can bat a bit. It still blows the mind that Phangiso got a CSA contract over Cook...

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Moving away form bowling actions, I wanted to talk about the state of spin bowling in 2016. With the absence of Shah, the continues absence of Ajmal, the long retirement of Swann and the lack of any other real quality, I'm worried. Ashwin has looked very good at home but away from it he just isn't very good, plus he doesn't have the mystery of Ajmal, the wrist spinning genius of Shah or the class of Swann.

Inspecting the landscape, I'm not sure where the next spin hero comes from, yes Shah is returning but what shape will Pakistan be come his return in March? Where's the next great Indian spinner? How much longer does Tahir have and will SA allow him into the test side? Is he even that good in the first place? And more importantly, where are the top spinners from England and Australia...in fact, are there any spinners worth a mention?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Moving away form bowling actions, I wanted to talk about the state of spin bowling in 2016. With the absence of Shah, the continues absence of Ajmal, the long retirement of Swann and the lack of any other real quality, I'm worried. Ashwin has looked very good at home but away from it he just isn't very good, plus he doesn't have the mystery of Ajmal, the wrist spinning genius of Shah or the class of Swann.

Inspecting the landscape, I'm not sure where the next spin hero comes from, yes Shah is returning but what shape will Pakistan be come his return in March? Where's the next great Indian spinner? How much longer does Tahir have and will SA allow him into the test side? Is he even that good in the first place? And more importantly, where are the top spinners from England and Australia...in fact, are there any spinners worth a mention?

I think the "new" Ashwin has all the tools to bowl well outside India and become India's greatest off-spinner over Erapalli Prasanna. Shah once his ban doesn't escalate into something crazy, he is top-class for reasons you mentioned.

Tahir sometimes I feel SA captains either don't trust him or understand how to use spinners the way Taylor operated with Warne or Clarke with Lyon. Personally think he bowled well enough in India recently to have been SA's main spinner over Piedt during the recent series vs England.

Narine if he comes back & doesn't get called also would be right up there.

Lyon is pretty good also, fairly close to level Swann was at for England.[DOUBLEPOST=1456965026][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guess shamsi or maharaj will replace him for the t20 world cup.

Like what i saw of Shamsi while watching the Caribbean Premier League last year

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I think the "new" Ashwin has all the tools to bowl well outside India and become India's greatest off-spinner over Erapalli Prasanna. Shah once his ban doesn't escalate into something crazy, he is top-class for reasons you mentioned.

Tahir sometimes I feel SA captains either don't trust him or understand how to use spinners the way Taylor operated with Warne or Clarke with Lyon. Personally think he bowled well enough in India recently to have been SA's main spinner over Piedt during the recent series vs England.

Narine if he comes back & doesn't get called also would be right up there.

Lyon is pretty good also, fairly close to level Swann was at for England.[DOUBLEPOST=1456965026][/DOUBLEPOST]

Like what i saw of Shamsi while watching the Caribbean Premier League last year

I'm not convinced about this new Ashwin but I guess we will see once he tours overseas against England, Aus and SA.

I agree about Tahir, like most spinners, you need a confident and strategically gifted captain. I feel as if SA don't have that, not with Amla in the past and neither with AB.

Lyon, Narine and co are all decent, maybe even good but not on the level of making me tune in to watch.

As is the case with most things in cricket, I'm sure a great new spin hope will be unearthed somewhere.

stefan

International Coach
Phangiso bowling action cleared
2016-03-08 21:31 SHARE THIS
Aaron Phangiso (Getty Images)
Related Links
Langeveldt: Our death bowling has improved
NZ planning WT20 Crowe tribute
Afghanistan too strong for Scotland
Cape Town - The independent re-assessment of the bowling action of Highveld Lions’ left-arm spinner, Aaron Phangiso, has found that his action for all deliveries is within the parameters as laid down by the International (ICC) regulations and his suspension from bowling in CSA competitions is thus lifted with immediate effect.

Phangiso’s bowling action was re-assessed on 7 March 2016.

Phangiso expressed his relief at having successfully remedied his action and passed the tests on Monday. He is now determined to be at his best for the World Twenty20.

"It's a huge relief to be cleared and to have my bowling action passed, it has been a tough and challenging few weeks for me,” he said.

“Many thanks to Cricket South Africa and the Proteas management for their support and for giving me the best opportunity of making it to India for the ICC World T20. In saying that, I'd really like to use the next few days ahead of the tournament to gain playing confidence, especially with some of the technical adjustments we have made to my action. My focus is on the World Cup and I'd really like to head into the competition with good form and confidence."

Proteas head coach, Russell Domingo, outlined the plan for Phangiso leading into the World Twenty20.

"We are really happy and relieved that Aaron has passed his re-test and he can now ready himself for the big tournament ahead,” he said. “I said at the beginning of the series that we wanted to give everyone in the squad an opportunity to play and while it is tempting to play him tomorrow, both Aaron and I feel it’s best that he takes a little more time to work on and gain confidence with his new adjustments. We have an important few weeks coming up in India so it's going to be important to have him in the right frame of mind both mentally and physically."

CSA Chief Executive, Haroon Lorgat, expressed his delight at the outcome of Phangiso’s re-assessment. “Of course I am delighted that Aaron is back in action and I applaud him and all the CSA and Proteas support staff who worked so hard to get him back on track. I wish him well in future.”

Phangiso bowling action cleared | Sport24

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think Taskin should be ok but I haven't seen too much of Arafat Sunny so I am not sure about him. I have seen a lot of Taskin lately in Asia Cup and one thing I can say is that when he is under pressure or when he is trying to put that extra effort into his bowling, it does seem like he is chucking sometimes. Again, he was reported after their match against Netherland in which he bowled the last over in which he had to defend 16 from last over. Even though that's a lot of runs to score, he was still under pressure and that might have resulted in that action change. Again, this is just my opinion from what I have observed lately in Asia cup. However, normally his action doesn't look that worrying to me. So I think Taskin should be alright.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's quite strange that bowlers get reported so late after making their debut. The only exception I can think of is Bilal Asif, but his action was found to be legal.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Some of these new "pace" bowlers coming in to the international scene have horrendous actions. I'm sure they are legal but from an aesthetic point of view just yuck. Is it Bumrah from India? No fluidity what so ever. I saw some guy in the BD team with the same style. Plus, with very little front arm involvement, I can't see them lasting for long.

Users who are viewing this thread