Things we can do without...

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
"Spinners" and "ease" in the same sentence while describing IC10?
:(

The mind boggles, but I'm guessing such a sentence would also have to contain the word(s) "lubricant" and/or "laundry"... :thumbs

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Hoping to see more non-australian and non-england stadiums .at least from major asian games

It's the Ashes so I imagine the majority of Stadiums will be in England and Australia and rightly so the Ashes is the pinnacle of Test Cricket.

mr_oconnell

School Cricketer
1) Statistics :being able to see batting and bowling stats of players in a series.
2)ICC Cricket ratings: Batsman And Bowlers Ratings after Every series
3)Post Match Ceremony: Trophies for Man of the match
4)Post Match Ceremony: After a Series or CUP,Trophies for Man of the match, Best batsman, Best Bowller best fielder, Best Allrounder.
5) Sharjah Cup / toronto Cup: With man of the series getting a car.

And the most Important of all
6)Indian premiere league carrer : Complete IPL with Players auctions , Buying selling, Kits customization.

Burger

Banned
Introduction of manager mode will be awesome. Auction, buy, sell, trade.. play a league.. that game will be an ideal cricket game.. Include this!

We can obviously manage without:
-License (Player Names, Team Logos etc.)
-Kits
-Some Realistic Stadiums

Shane109

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Personally, i would quite happily do without DRS. A computer/console has the ability to get it right every single time, why would you want to throw a random element into something that can technically be made perfect?

If DRS is put in the game, then the CPU obviously will start to give bad decisions in order to utilise the system. I can't believe that people would rather the chance of being absolutely reamed by an umpire that is preconfigured to give bad decisions, than have one that is perfect every time but in doing so removes some realism (generally slow and boring realism, but realism nonetheless.)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Couldn't care less! Could care less makes no sense - think about it.

That aside, I agree with the OP.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I don't care much for commentary. All too often in the past, they say the wrong things at the wrong time, or it is dreadfully repetitive.

I prefer the commentary that goes on in my mind as I play.

Let's focus on gameplay, career and statistics.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
commentary is important but you are right.

Maybe make ashes mode about the history of the ashes and maybe
some special commentary for this mode.:yes

Chief

Panel of Selectors
commentary is important but you are right.

Maybe make ashes mode about the history of the ashes and maybe
some special commentary for this mode.:yes

I agree in principle, but we've done a lot of work on the way commentary works and hopefully you'll like it! There will be a dev-diary about it later on...

Sometimes commentary can make a match: I don't think I'd have got through today's evening session (in particular) without it! :)

Spraggy

Club Cricketer
This is all very well but what about the people that are buying the game that cant download real names, kits and bats or whatever personally as long as the England team is licensed then i dont really mind, and some real bats as well,

Personally if you have cook using a GN the it makes the game more realistic for me, used to have ea cricket 07 when Flintoff and KP didn't use there bats and just some made up ones !

Chief

Panel of Selectors
This is all very well but what about the people that are buying the game that cant download real names, kits and bats or whatever personally as long as the England team is licensed then i dont really mind, and some real bats as well,

Personally if you have cook using a GN the it makes the game more realistic for me, used to have ea cricket 07 when Flintoff and KP didn't use there bats and just some made up ones !

I'm very hopeful that every licensed player will be using their proper bats/pads/gloves etc etc.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I bet you have chief.

Still maybe swap commentary teams every 30 minutes or so.
Let us hear about the swap, say shane warne and mark taylor coming in
for tony and slater.

About the bats and gear being right, i hope 505 games let you have more
freedom with edit licence teams unlike before.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I agree in principle, but we've done a lot of work on the way commentary works and hopefully you'll like it! There will be a dev-diary about it later on...

Sometimes commentary can make a match: I don't think I'd have got through today's evening session (in particular) without it! :)

Of course, if you have added commentary that works and is in context with the various match events, then I am delighted to hear it. I was just thinking that the money spent on Jonathan Agnew or whomever could be invested in career modes, stats, gameplay etc.

Actually, even if member(s) of your own staff recorded the commentary using their own voice, it would save money.

In MLB: The Show, you can record your own voice and include it as the various chants from the crowd (as though you are there at the game, yelling out). I would love to be able to record my own voice as commentary and add it. For example, I could insert "that's a big hit - it's going to go all the way!" whenever a six is hit.

Just some thoughts.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Of course, if you have added commentary that works and is in context with the various match events, then I am delighted to hear it. I was just thinking that the money spent on Jonathan Agnew or whomever could be invested in career modes, stats, gameplay etc.

Actually, even if member(s) of your own staff recorded the commentary using their own voice, it would save money.

In MLB: The Show, you can record your own voice and include it as the various chants from the crowd (as though you are there at the game, yelling out). I would love to be able to record my own voice as commentary and add it. For example, I could insert "that's a big hit - it's going to go all the way!" whenever a six is hit.

Just some thoughts.

There's usually placeholder audio from the staff in the game until we get the commentators in the studio: we try and do that quite late so that we've spotted any problems/missing stuff before we do that. What's weird is that you get so used to the placeholder that it sounds wrong when replaced by a professional. :)

IMO the licenses are totally necessary: each spot of authenticity is a stamp of quality that the mainstream audience see and trust. And I need those sales on board so that I have a budget at all! It means we get the best of both worlds: gameplay for the core, and licenses for the mainstream.

I like the MLB thing, although I have to say that's the sort of thing where I'd rather spend that time working on the core elements: not sure that would sell copies: it's something to be layered in later on maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread