To Career Mode Pacers

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi all,

I posted this in the general discussion but perhaps it was overlooked. Hoping for some responses here. I'm not getting any edges in career mode as a pacer. Very rare edges to slips and keeper. Is this the case for everyone, or am I doing something wrong? Help is appreciated.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Hi all,

I posted this in the general discussion but perhaps it was overlooked. Hoping for some responses here. I'm not getting any edges in career mode as a pacer. Very rare edges to slips and keeper. Is this the case for everyone, or am I doing something wrong? Help is appreciated.
Edges are hard to come by in career..The game overall has the lack of edges in the game..They just give you a wicket or two as a consolation prize for bowling...Its not fun to bowl for now atleast..

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thank you kindly for the response. What a shame. As far as I'm concerned, as a career mode player mostly and coupled with its ridiculously arcady batting, that makes career unplayable for me. I went against my instinct and bought the game and have been completely unimpressed once again by this company. Seems they make it a point to try and 'fix' things that aren't broken from their previous title. Some of the earlier reviews were also incredibly misleading by some people on this site saying this game is heads and shoulders above 17. I don't personally see how that is the case at all. Fingers crossed for the next patch, if there is to be one, but unless that happens, this will be the last title I buy from this company. It's just a damn shame that this beautiful sport has fallen victim to a monopoly in the gaming world.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
How is the batting arcadey? I love batting in this game...Also when you play with proper foot movements its just a great feeling and thats what is keeping me play career...

Try increasing difficulty, or give custom difficulty a try as well...Reduce the assists for batting to get more realistic feel..Game needs to be fixed in almost all departments in some way or other...But till that happens [Hopefully it does] we shall try to make it enjoyable for us...

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok, its not a real cricket suggestion but works in this game. Try changing the length of the ball right before the bowler's jump. For some reason, AI struggles to play such deliveries properly.

Caution: You run the risk of bowling a no ball and also its not a cricket related tip you're probably looking for.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ok, its not a real cricket suggestion but works in this game. Try changing the length of the ball right before the bowler's jump. For some reason, AI struggles to play such deliveries properly.

Caution: You run the risk of bowling a no ball and also its not a cricket related tip you're probably looking for.
I'm playing on hardest difficulty in legend and can smack out sixes quite easily with the right ball. That's why I called it arcadey. Nonetheless to each their own. Thanks for the suggestion. If it makes edges more frequent, it's definitely worth trying and risking no balls. appreciate the help here.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
To be fair batting can be much harder if players' skills were adjusted to lower values.

For example, I've created a custom team, the one I play for in RL and because I haven't been generous with skill points for some of the folks, they really do struggle at the start of the innings. Given my better batsmen are set to high skills, I get into the habit of scoring off every ball and when they get out and the lesser batsmen, with whom I wasn't very generous, come out I generally struggle to play with the same tempo. This becomes more evident on bowling friendly pitches.

So, I do see your point of being able to bat freely but my impression is that it's a function of the skills of the batsmen you're playing with along with the playing conditions.

If you haven't already, do try playing around in Academy and set up at least 1 team with relatively lesser skills, say only your best bat in 80s and all others going down till 30s. You might find a good balance.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be fair batting can be much harder if players' skills were adjusted to lower values.

For example, I've created a custom team, the one I play for in RL and because I haven't been generous with skill points for some of the folks, they really do struggle at the start of the innings. Given my better batsmen are set to high skills, I get into the habit of scoring off every ball and when they get out and the lesser batsmen, with whom I wasn't very generous, come out I generally struggle to play with the same tempo. This becomes more evident on bowling friendly pitches.

So, I do see your point of being able to bat freely but my impression is that it's a function of the skills of the batsmen you're playing with along with the playing conditions.

If you haven't already, do try playing around in Academy and set up at least 1 team with relatively lesser skills, say only your best bat in 80s and all others going down till 30s. You might find a good balance.
Thank you. That sounds like a good suggestion. It's just that I'm a career mode player mostly and players in it develop their skills. And the whole point is for me to improve mine.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Thank you. That sounds like a good suggestion. It's just that I'm a career mode player mostly and players in it develop their skills. And the whole point is for me to improve mine.

I also play career and gotta say batting is rather easy. Could it be because the bowlers are also very low skilled? I'm yet to be promoted in any of the formats so not sure if it gets harder as the career progresses...

Users who are viewing this thread