Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 13648
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13648

A world-exclusive first-look of the game appeared in the January edition of the Official Xbox Magazine. One of the biggest announcements is that Logan Keller, the lead character from the previous game, has been removed in favor of having the player create his own character to play through the campaign. The player will assume the role of Bishop, a member of the Rainbow squad with a great deal more experience who is more deeply involved in the story. The game is billed as "part sequel, part prequel", as the events of the campaign run both before and concurrently to the story of Logan Keller and continue after where the first game concluded.

New features include an enhanced version of the "Persistent Elite Creation" system. Players can now customize their character with experience points earned in both single-player and multiplayer. There is also a new stat-tracking feature which observes how players choose to play, unlocking new weapons and equipment based on their playing styles. All of the old weapons from Rainbow Six Vegas will be in Vegas 2. There are 11 new weapons, 13 multiplayer maps, 2 new game modes, and a tweaked ranking system, as well as improvements to the online functionality to make it easier to find online sessions. In addition, players can now join matches that are already in progress.

In single-player, the developers claim to have vastly improved teammate AI, so that now teammates bound and cover each other as they advance. There are also several new commands, including the ability to suppress an area or throw a grenade at a specific point. In co-op, players will now be able to experience the full single-player campaign -- the previous game skipped several cut-scenes and all of the in-game media (such as the picture-in-picture talking head briefings given out during each mission and Logan's responses to the NPCs ). As a result, the co-op experience has been reduced to a maximum of two players, down from four in the first Rainbow Six Vegas. Unlike the co-op mode in the original Rainbow Six: Vegas, the AI teammates will remain in the game during co-op and can be given orders and go-codes by the primary player.

It has also been revealed that the campaign will now focus on the seedier side of Las Vegas, with more outdoor combat and daytime missions. Also, certain missions will now see a real-time day/night cycle. Certain kinds of cover can now be penetrated by weapons-fire, and parts of the environment are now destructible. The player can now sprint for a short distance. Rather than two difficulty modes, the game now has three.

An additional system implemented in the game is the "Advanced Combat Enhancement and Specialization" or ACES, where players will be rewarded with different weapons based on tactics used in the game. The ACES system is divided into three parts: Marksmanship, Assault, and Close-Quarter battle. Every single kill the player makes is organized into one of these three categories and scored based upon how the kill was performed (a headshot would count towards Marksmanship, or shooting through a wall would count towards assault, or killing an enemy while blinded by a flashbang would count towards CQB). By getting a high enough score in a category, the player unlocks a specific item for that category; for example, the Assault category might reward the player with a new type of grenade, while the Marksmanship category might reward the player with a new type of sniper rifle. Even though the ACES system goes across modes there are certain rewards that can only be unlocked in single or multiplayer.

I am hard with excitement.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can't wait for it to come out. my oblivion game is faulty so i returned it and got a refund. i'm gettin r6v2 instead! all the great clans are getting it. i had the first one and it was awesome

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I can't wait for it to come out. my oblivion game is faulty so i returned it and got a refund. i'm gettin r6v2 instead! all the great clans are getting it. i had the first one and it was awesome

You bought oblivion now?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with Duff that its one of the best game ever.

seeing as there's no online game mode it doesn't matter when you buy it.

Well it does. The game has had two expansions after launching.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
yeah and one is coming out for ps3. shivering isles so the timing was convinient. it doesn't matter anyway

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I havn't played the next-gen R6 games in depth just demos and stuff, but one thing that is realllllllly annoying me is the only gun I ever see, wether its on a screenshot, a video anything at all the only gun I ever see is the bloody MP5, don't they have any other guns like M4A1 rifles etc?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
multiplayer on ps3 is awful. so much lag if you're lucky enough to join a game. campaign is the only reason to buy the game and it is amazing!

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Rented this the other day, its not really anything special. The SP is dreadfully short, I finished it in under 4 hours total. The MP is similar to that of Vegas 1, except with a few new gimmicks. Glad I rented tbh.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
multiplayer on ps3 is awful. so much lag if you're lucky enough to join a game. campaign is the only reason to buy the game and it is amazing!

Most things on PS3 are awful :p

Rented this the other day, its not really anything special. The SP is dreadfully short, I finished it in under 4 hours total. The MP is similar to that of Vegas 1, except with a few new gimmicks. Glad I rented tbh.

I'm not much of a SP FPS player anymore, if MP isnt good then f*** it. I can never see R6 as a competitive MP game when the only damn gun you have is a bloody MP5 :p

Users who are viewing this thread