Tom Maynard 309 in a one day game

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The probability of it happening though with someone with such a low rating is near zero.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This guy has been away from the forums for two years, comes back and decides to post an amazing innings. I don't believe he is the type to a) use the editor and post it or b) blatantly lie by saying he hasn't used it for this game.

I have seen some crazy scores on the older versions of ICC and I'm sure there will be plenty more. I just think the introduction of the editor has just made things less enjoyable for those who don't use it, because any extraordinary feat that they post is instantly dismissed as an edit.

Chewie

BCCI President
Older versions had a bad regen creation system which meant that super players came along every ten years. The current system is much better. But Maynard is a current player and he doesn't normally perform very well in the game.

Most extraordinary scores are edits. If he had scored just over 200 then I would have believed him. But even with Hughes on easy against a county team, it's basically impossible to score such a score.

I'm not saying that he definitively is using an editor, or saving and re-opening when a wicket falls, but the likelihood of that occurring is just too improbable for me to believe.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
I'm saying that it is possible that scores like this could happen, considering the amount of one day games played by International Cricket Captain 2009 players and that it shouldn't be immediately dismissed as an edit.

This guy has been away from the forums for two years, comes back and decides to post an amazing innings. I don't believe he is the type to a) use the editor and post it or b) blatantly lie by saying he hasn't used it for this game.

I have seen some crazy scores on the older versions of ICC and I'm sure there will be plenty more. I just think the introduction of the editor has just made things less enjoyable for those who don't use it, because any extraordinary feat that they post is instantly dismissed as an edit.

Thank you guys for coming to my aid here, I think Treva would know me better aswell considering you were around when I was on here 2 years ago, so I do feel you would know that I wouldn't put up anything on these forums if I had cheated in anyway.

Older versions had a bad regen creation system which meant that super players came along every ten years. The current system is much better. But Maynard is a current player and he doesn't normally perform very well in the game.

Most extraordinary scores are edits. If he had scored just over 200 then I would have believed him. But even with Hughes on easy against a county team, it's basically impossible to score such a score.

I'm not saying that he definitively is using an editor, or saving and re-opening when a wicket falls, but the likelihood of that occurring is just too improbable for me to believe.

As for Chewie, I've said before that I respect your view that I could have used an editor. I have tried to repeat the feat but the closest I have got is only 130. You have a right to view your opinion and I respect that. If it wasn't me that did it, I would probably expect foul play aswell, but then it does seem a one off.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yes it's extremely, extremely, extremely improbable, but I'm not sure why he would of posted it if it was fake.
Personally I've had Jamie How score a 100 versing South Africa in a T20 game, and he wasn't even batting on max aggression for the percentage of his innings.
Things like this do happen every now and then, like I've put pinch hitting all-rounders up to open on 6/8 aggression and when that comes of once in a while they score 60 ball hundreds, that's no wear near to this extreme, but of all the millions of games that have been played it may of just been luck that this happened to a PC member.
It's a shame that when things like this do come off, people automatically assume an editor has been used.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yes it's extremely, extremely, extremely improbable, but I'm not sure why he would of posted it if it was fake.
Personally I've had Jamie How score a 100 versing South Africa in a T20 game, and he wasn't even batting on max aggression for the percentage of his innings.
Things like this do happen every now and then, like I've put pinch hitting all-rounders up to open on 6/8 aggression and when that comes of once in a while they score 60 ball hundreds, that's no wear near to this extreme, but of all the millions of games that have been played it may of just been luck that this happened to a PC member.
It's a shame that when things like this do come off, people automatically assume an editor has been used.

A one-off thing like this is more likely that some of the things people post, like that person who posted Harbhajan here, you would agree that this most definitely is an edit. 300 in an OD is much different from 100 in a T20, that has happened many times before - 300 in an OD has never happened, the highest is 260 I think? And once the number of balls faced increases, the probability that the person loses their wicket increases. Like I said before, I'm not saying he edited, it's just that I'm skeptical as to the validity of it. Normally though there'd be heaps more people saying something though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well the Harbhajan thing IS an edit, no doubt about it.

As I said it is extremely, extremely, extremely improbable.
He faced more balls than everyone else did but together, meaning his S/R was even under 200, which is possible, it would be different if it was 300 off like 130 balls, buts he's faced the percentage of the innings.
Yes I'm not counting out that it was an edit, but I'm leaning towards believing him.

Auric Goldfinge

School Cricketer
On ICC2009, Tom Maynard is a very defensive batsman, so I think this would only happen after extensive aggressive shots technique training (which is very unlikely as this must be first or second season). Or it could have been done on Easy mode I guess.

jacobfelix

International Coach
thesweepmaster, We would also be glad to hear from you that they chased down 478 successfully :p

Users who are viewing this thread