Tom Moody resigns as Srilankan coach

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tom Moody has resigned as Sri Lanka's coach and will return home to Perth to take up a role guiding Western Australia for the next three seasons. Trevor Penney, who worked with him as an assistant coach at Sri Lanka, will also join Western Australia under Moody.

Full article here

Last edited:

gamerkid22

National Board President
He did a great job as SriLankan coach for 2 years . Strange to see him resigning. Now any ideas who will be the new coach ?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Not surprised he left SL he was definitely looking at leaving them even was tipped as next English coach. Wonder why he didn't want the Aussie position.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
H ewasn't doing to bad with SRL, WA could benift with the like of Tom Moody by there sides. Could be a good move for the Warriors next time the domestic season comes around.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hope the next Sri Lankan coach can continue the good work. Remember when Moody was in contention with Chappell for the India job? Moody must be happy he didn't get picked. ;)

Animator!

School Cricketer
Not surprised he left SL he was definitely looking at leaving them even was tipped as next English coach. Wonder why he didn't want the Aussie position.

Because you appointed a new coach before he could even have talks with you discussing the possibility of him become Australian coach?

shery_rsa

Club Captain
all asians team playing without coaches,and tom moody do right thing he is proudly australian.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Because you appointed a new coach before he could even have talks with you discussing the possibility of him become Australian coach?

No he was on the list but he clearly said he didn't want to coach Australia and that he wanted to coach in England for his family.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Why didnt England just wait and get Moody instead ? He'd have done an awesome job as England coach, will have to wait and see what Moores does before i say its a bad appointment

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I think Tom Moody could have taken England to new heights, Just like he did with SRL, i think he will with Western Australia too, it helps having a former player who played not all that long ago.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopefully he takes Ronchi to a new level. A few all rounders in WA too so he should be able to help them out as well.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Yes well WA need a litle bit of improvement, they are real contenders under Moody I reckon, hopefully he can nurture some of their young talent, I really want Sean Ervine to become an Aussie rather than English.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
They have been contenders for the past few years but just haven't cut the cake, i think they won the ODI not long ago....
Ronchi already is at a big level but he needs to be able to defend a bit better.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The team now could do without a coach at the moment. India don't have , nor does Pakistan , Moody and Whatmore are leaving. LOL no coaches for Asian teams :p

Users who are viewing this thread