Training Stratigies

cellinis

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a slightly different strategy. When you start off, you don't get much money to buy decent trainees, specially if you start off at the beginning of the season, those comp/med batters and bowlers are really expensive. So instead, my strategy works like follows:

Season 1:

1. Buy 5 batters and 4 bowlers (all 17 y.o.) with mediocre+ stamina, high mediocre or competent (if you can find one for under 20-25K) primary, and competent+ secondary.
2. Put them all on a single primary net and give 1 stamina net revolving (start with your fastest bowlers, then best batters, etc)
3. End of season, you will have 5 respectable/respectable batters and 4 respectable/respectable bowlers

Season 2
1. Buy/pull 1 batter (med. stam, high competent-respectable batting, med-respectable conc) and 1 bowler (med. stam, high competent-resp bowl, med-resp cons). This is tricky because you probably won't have enough money to get both as early season prices are really high. But wait a couple of weeks, and prices go down.
2. Put 2 primaries on the batter and 2 primaries on the bowler. Keep training 3 of your best batters from season 1 and 2 of your best bowlers.
3. End of the season you will have:
1 strong (and if lucky, superb)/comp-resp batter
3 high prof/prof batters
2 resp/resp batters
1 strong/comp-resp bowler
2 high prof/prof bowler
2 resp/resp bowlers

Season 3

1. Train your 18 y.o. batter & bowler on two primaries, plus buy 2 good 17 y.o at the start of the season, a bat and a bowl (you'll have enough money by now)
2. Same thing, 2 primaries on both batter and bowler.
3. Take out the 5th batting net and change to either fielding/wk/stamina depending upon your trainees and needs.

Batters: 1 remarkable/prof, 1 superb/prof, 3 prof/prof, 2 resp/resp
Bowlers: 1 remarkable/prof, 1 superb/prof, 2 prof/prof, 2 resp/resp

Season 4:
1. Use the money to fill in the gaps in your batting/bowling/wicketkeeping.
2. Train the now 19 yo trainees on 1 primary and 1 fielding net (to get his secondaries up)
3. Continue training the 2 18 y.o. trainees on 2 primaries.
4. Keep building up stamina of your players using 1 (or 2, depending on your needs) stamina net(s).

Batters: 1 wond/superb-quality, 1 remarkable-wonderful/strong, 3 prof/prof, 2 resp/resp and hopefully, with the money your saved & strong/strong
Bowlers: 1 wond/sup-quality, 1 remarkable-wond/strong, 2 prof/prof and 2 resp/resp and hopefully, a strong-superb bowler.

And now... you're team is ready for the higher leagues :D

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
how do you even get them to train? im absolute newb

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
how do you even get them to train? im absolute newb

Go to club>net that is where you select who you want to be trained. But first go to club>club info. Under Manage Staff is where you hire your coaches. Make sure you know of the coach you want so that you don't have to fire them and waste your money.

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
I adopted a new training strategy half way through this year, i set myself a target at the begining of the season to have all player at least strong primary, and at least four of my bowler to have comp. batting so i have plenty of batting depth (basically so the tail can stick around with Dawson). Having reached my goal my new training strategy was to buy two high respectable allrounders and train them to strong batting and bowling and then sell for a profit and fund another superstar.

One of these allrounders is approching strong/strong but has bad stamina and worthless secondaries, and i will certainly offload him for sure.

My problem comes with my other allrounder who is about 4 weeks in levels (training) behind the first player. However his secondaries arn't that bad (still needs work though) and has ok stamina + he's a destructive player.
Im thinking about keeping him now but this will stuff my other training, i was planning to train 5 players (for season 8) each with a primary and a fielding to boost secondaries. (have 5 players who need secondaries as they are all around feeble). Not sure which way ill go yet.

Anyone else looking at new training strategies?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice work Zain.

But wouldn't a first week med/resp/med cost over a million dollars? YOu'd need to be bloody rich. And that is something I can relate to.

zainawan89

International Cricketer
yup thts why new guys shuld opt for other stratgies.

i hav changed my mind i am more inlclined to single training my self now. only train players for u-19 or NT with multiple nets otherwise 2 nets for 17yo and then 1 net till they turn 22 will give u sensational player.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I've gone 2 nets for 17 and 18 and will go 1 net from then on till they reach my target of remarkable at the very least. But can't do that with my current crop of trainees as they are a bit behind.

Users who are viewing this thread