Training Tips

Highlander999

ICC President
Hey there.

Syl and myself made a good training plan for the next few seasons, but I think it has been thrown out the window by my YP's. How should I assign the nets for these three? N.B. I really need an all-rounder:

6. Alex McCree (2263883)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Muireston
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 9,734 (+732)
Wages: ?1,167 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Winston Hansie (2431700)

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 2,669 (+325)
Wages: ?303 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Carlton Manders (2454377)

RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 9,949
Wages: ?953 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

Last edited by a moderator:

navin-boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here are my ideas,if you want to train only these players:

Alex McCree - 1 bat,1 field,1 Wk so that he will be Med. Stam/Strong Bat./Quality Conc./Comp. fielding

Winston Hansie - 2 bowl,1 bat,1 field(if you want him to be a Bowling AR),he will be Feeb. Stam/Med. Bat./Resp. Conc./Comp. Bowl/Comp. Consis./Comp. Fielding

If you want a batting AR just swap bowling and batting nets.

Carlton Manders - 2 bowl,1 field - he will be Resp stam./prof. bowl/strong cons./strong fielding

Don't worry about Stamina as it increases at a same speed.Give them Stamina training next season or any other seasons.

Hope that was helpful.

Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Hey there.

Syl and myself made a good training plan for the next few seasons, but I think it has been thrown out the window by my YP's. How should I assign the nets for these three? N.B. I really need an all-rounder:

McCree - 1 bat, 1 stam, 1 field

Hansie - 2 bowl, 1 bat, 1 field (Once he hits something like comp or resp batting, drop that for a stamina net)

Manders - 2 bowl, 1 field or 1 stam, 1 bowl, 1 field

Here are my ideas,if you want to train only these players:

Don't worry about Stamina as it increases at a same speed.Give them Stamina training next season or any other seasons.

Hope that was helpful.

Even so, with so many nets he won't be able to play them more than once a week, stamina is essential. In fact he could even train their stamina up now and leave secondaries for later.

FreddieFan

International Coach
Giving Hansie any nets at all is a waste of time. Wait till your next pull, put 12 ITS on batting and bowling, and you're guarenteed a med/med at least. Or pick up someone on the TM for a few k. Training a double feeble is just pointless.

The other two are both decent trainees and if you're not training anyone else could easily have 2 primary, 1 fielding and a stamina each.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Franny Curran - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,828
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A steady player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Conc should be nearly comp but I don't think he is that near resp batting. Not sure about his keeping though. Worth training? If so how many nets?

case

School Cricketer
Should I train him or just keep for bot bashing? I gave him 1 batting and 1 fielding net and he popped fielding to respectable, so does that mean it will take a long time to pop his batting and concentration?

Danny Pearse (2432840)

A steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Mooroopna
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 5,411 (+359)
Wages: ?818 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Nice pull there Jazz, looking at his wages he is about 3 weeks from resp in batting. If you need a keeper then definitely train him.

Case his batting will pop at the same rate as any other resp but it will take a lot of work to get his conc up. Better off keeping him for bot bashing.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I'd go for 1 stam, 1 bat, 1 wk, when he hits superb stamina drop that for a fielding net or an extra batting net, just depends what you want to make him.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I was thinking of doing 1 bat, 2 wk until he pops twice in wk then putting one of the wk nets onto stam. Then once that gets to around superb, change that to fielding. Good idea?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Giving the extra wk net now will help get it upto a decent level, depending how high resp his stamina is (i'm guessing its low) it'll be a bit more than 16 weeks to get to superb, if you want to go that high. I'd still give him the extra batting net instead of fielding tho, can be a handy batsman in 3 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread