Travel- Current Restrictions & Quarantines

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Since I am currently living in Hong Kong, thought of starting this thread to understand what are the current travel restrictions that you guys are facing. As an Indian citizen, it is quite difficult to go to any other country, unless you have a residency visa. At present, only Maldives, Russia, Serbia are open to Indian nationals as tourists. Given my current status, I can move between Hong Kong and India, however am subject to one of the harshest quarantine rules in the world.

Upon arrival in Hong Kong, I am required to spend 21 nights in a designated hotel (at my own cost) and undergo 4 Covid tests. In the subsequent 7 days post the completion of my quarantine, I need to undergo 2 more tests. I feel this is quite harsh and am quite in awe of the countries that are managing without mandatory quarantines.

Back home in India, it seems people can move around freely in the domestic market- still a good thing! Assuming its the same in the UK, US as well? Love to hear your thoughts on the restrictions and quarantines.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Canada has a similar thing. If you travel internationally, when coming back to Canada you have to take a full PCR covid test at the airport and quarintine yourself in a hotel for at least 3 days pending the results of your test.

If it's negative you are allowed to go to your destination however you must still quarintine for the remaining 11 days, they have the police come and check if you are. After 10 days since your arrival in Canada you will complete another covid test and if you still test negative your free to go.

If your result is positive you must remain in the hotel for 14 days and take another test before going to your destination.

I feel like these rules are more than fair to stop the spread of covid, because the government has been warning people against travelling internationally since the start of 2020. People don't listen and do it anyways, these rules are there to deter people from travelling and if they do feel they have to well they have to pay the price.

We had a few people who refused to quarintine at a hotel and tried to go straight give, all of them were given fines and when they tried to go to court to fight the charges. The supreme court ruled that they have to pay their fine or else serve jail time.

This pandemic is not over yet, I understand that people who live here but have family elsewhere have to visit, but unfortunately that's putting the rest of us at risk. I missed both of my sister's weddings because I couldn't go to Pakistan during the pandemic, do I regret it, no because I am making a sacrifice so that I can do my part in stopping this virus. I still wear my mask everywhere regardless of the risk level, I could be a carrier and not realize it and if anyone got hurt because of me. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Travel restrictions are in place for people coming in, but restrictions? What is that eh? We are the land of the stupids braves... Mask? Vaccine? Chip inside your body to track you?

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I don’t know about the rules of international travel. But I will point out few foolish rules by the state government.

In Maharashtra (a state in India), malls are kept shut and the reason given is that crowding in malls will lead to transfer of virus.

In retrospect, the local markets, the railway stations and its nearby areas and other public areas, witnesses huge crowds with no social distancing norms whatsoever.

People are been told to maintain distance outside the shops, but as soon as people enter the shop or premise, again no rules are observed.

Dine-in in hotels are are not allowed post 4 pm but barbers and other such shops are allowed to operate till 10 pm.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Canada has a similar thing. If you travel internationally, when coming back to Canada you have to take a full PCR covid test at the airport and quarintine yourself in a hotel for at least 3 days pending the results of your test.

If it's negative you are allowed to go to your destination however you must still quarintine for the remaining 11 days, they have the police come and check if you are. After 10 days since your arrival in Canada you will complete another covid test and if you still test negative your free to go.

If your result is positive you must remain in the hotel for 14 days and take another test before going to your destination.

I feel like these rules are more than fair to stop the spread of covid, because the government has been warning people against travelling internationally since the start of 2020. People don't listen and do it anyways, these rules are there to deter people from travelling and if they do feel they have to well they have to pay the price.

We had a few people who refused to quarintine at a hotel and tried to go straight give, all of them were given fines and when they tried to go to court to fight the charges. The supreme court ruled that they have to pay their fine or else serve jail time.

This pandemic is not over yet, I understand that people who live here but have family elsewhere have to visit, but unfortunately that's putting the rest of us at risk. I missed both of my sister's weddings because I couldn't go to Pakistan during the pandemic, do I regret it, no because I am making a sacrifice so that I can do my part in stopping this virus. I still wear my mask everywhere regardless of the risk level, I could be a carrier and not realize it and if anyone got hurt because of me. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself
Health Canada have also advised only certain jabs are permitted. If you were vaccinated with Sinovac/Sinopharm, Sputnik, AZ manufactured in India and so on you wont be allowed entry into Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread