Trinidad ODI Tri-Series

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Once Zimbabwe's thrashing at the hands of the West Indies finishes, they go on to Trinidad to play in a ODI Tri-Series against Bermuda and Canada. These will be the first ODIs for Bermuda, and the first for Canada outside the World Cup.

The last meeting between Bermuda and Canada was the Intercontintal Cup game in August 2005, when Bermuda beat a weakened Canadian team by 48 runs. The last meeting in a one day game was in 3rd place play-off of the 2005 ICC Trophy, where Canada won by 5 wickets.

The last meeting between Canada and Zimbabwe was in the first round of the 1990 ICC Trophy. Zimbabwe won by 68 runs.

The last meeting between Bemuda and Zimbabwe was in the semi final of the 1986 ICC Trophy, where Zimbabwe thrashed them by 10 wickets.

Schedule

16th May: Canada v Zimbabwe
17th May: Bermuda v Canada
18th May: Bermuda v Zimbabwe
20th May: Final

Bermuda Squad

TBA

Canada Squad

John Davison (Captain)
George Codrington
Geoff Barnett
Desmond Chumney
Don Maxwell
Haninder Dhillon
Stewart Heaney
Ashish Bagai
Qaiser Ali
Sunil Dhaniram
Umar Bhatti
Kevin Sandher
Henry Osinde

Zimbabwe Squad

Terry Duffin (Captain)
Chamu Chibhabha
Elton Chigumbura
Charles Coventry
Keith Dabengwa
Ryan Higgins
Anthony Ireland
Blessing Mahwire
Keegan Meth
Tawanda Mupariwa
Edward Rainsford
Piet Rinke
Vusi Sibanda
Gregory Strydom
Brendan Taylor
Prosper Utseya

kodos

International Coach
Shall be an interesting series. Nice to see Davidson back in the Canada lineup and perhaps he can emulate a performance like the innings at the 03 WC against West Indies. I would back Zimbabwe to take this series but also feel Bermuda will be in with a decent chance.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Despite their results againt WI I think Zimbabwe should win it comfortably. Canada behind them.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Considering Zimbabwe couldn't even defend a total of over 300 against what was basically the West Indies third XI last week, I doubt they'll have much chance in this tournament, especially if John Davison (only one D in his name!) fires. Bermuda are also in form, having finished second in the Twenty20 World Classic, where they played several "veteran" international teams.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This should be interesting. Will be good seeing where Bermuda and Canada are in the cricketing world. I would say the final will be between Canada and Zimbabwe but I haven't seen much of Bermuda play.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think Canada will win.
Zimbabwe -their batting is good but they lack in the bowling department.
Bermuda- havent seen them play,i suppose playing in home conditions might just help them.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
imo...zimbabwe will win.
they have much more experience of playing than the other two teams.
canada can also cause an upset (like they did in the WC, beating bangladesh..)

jdbais

International Cricketer
Zimbabwe should seriously win. If Zimbabwe don't win, serious questions should be raised by the ICC. I will not hold my breath though.

Also, why are they playing in Trinidad? Doesn't Bermuda have any cricket facilities? I am sure the support in Bermuda would've been a lot more favourable than they can expect in Trinidad.

Last edited:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
jdbais said:
Also, why are they playing in Trinidad? Doesn't Bermuda have any cricket facilities? I am sure the support in Bermuda would've been a lot more favourable than they can expect in Trinidad.
It was originally scheduled for Bermuda, however the ground they were planning on using did not meet the ICCs pitch standards in time, so they moved it to Trinidad. This sadly also meant a planned 2 ODI series for Bermuda against India was scrapped.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
cricinfo said:
Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat first

So the match has begun now.
Hope Canada wins.
No Vbookie betting on individual matches slyvester ?

Users who are viewing this thread